BajaNomad

La Selena

tunaeater - 8-30-2009 at 09:13 AM

We fished on the boat La Selena, out of Ensenada on Friday. Six anglers, we caught 14 yellowfin tuna,4 yellowtail,1 dorado and a ton of skip jack. Bait was anchovies and small mackeral.
On one paddy, I caught a dorado,yellowtail and a yellowfin. The fishing was better in the afternoon and closer in towards the beach, then in the morning and further out.

The crew worked very hard ensuring we had the best opportunities to catch fish. A lot of moving, changing the trolling colors and communicating with other boats in the area.

A very good day on the water. On the way back in I sat up with the captain and watched the dolphins play. Some caught major air out of the water. I thought to myself how good life was today.

David K - 8-30-2009 at 09:16 AM

Sounds like a great time, Paul!

noproblemo2 - 8-30-2009 at 09:23 AM

La Salina is the correct spelling

Quote:
Originally posted by tunaeater
We fished on the boat La Selena, out of Ensenada on Friday. Six anglers, we caught 14 yellowfin tuna,4 yellowtail,1 dorado and a ton of skip jack. Bait was anchovies and small mackeral.
On one paddy, I caught a dorado,yellowtail and a yellowfin. The fishing was better in the afternoon and closer in towards the beach, then in the morning and further out.

The crew worked very hard ensuring we had the best opportunities to catch fish. A lot of moving, changing the trolling colors and communicating with other boats in the area.

A very good day on the water. On the way back in I sat up with the captain and watched the dolphins play. Some caught major air out of the water. I thought to myself how good life was today.

tunaeater - 8-30-2009 at 09:45 AM

Some pictures from our Ensenada trip aboard La Selena.

selena 031rr.JPG - 48kB

tunaeater - 8-30-2009 at 09:49 AM

Me and the small female dorado

[Edited on 8-30-2009 by tunaeater]

selena 032rr.JPG - 49kB

tunaeater - 8-30-2009 at 09:53 AM

La Selena is the correct spelling of the boat

Quote:
Originally posted by noproblemo2
La Salina is the correct spelling

Quote:
Originally posted by tunaeater

woody with a view - 8-30-2009 at 02:44 PM

nice....

Udo - 8-30-2009 at 03:16 PM

I'm booking the boat next week!!:bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 8-30-2009 by udowinkler]

fishbuck - 8-30-2009 at 04:27 PM

Nice work! Looks like a good boat.

4baja - 8-31-2009 at 06:21 PM

hes talking about the name of the boat not the marina ,nice job paul!!!

Paulina - 8-31-2009 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4baja
hes talking about the name of the boat not the marina ,nice job paul!!!

"posted on 30-8-2009 at 09:53 AM
La Selena is the correct spelling of the boat."

I think Paul cleared that up about 8 hrs. ago, but thanks anyway for making sure we all got it.

Paul, cheers to a great day out on the water!

4baja - 9-1-2009 at 06:30 AM

paul you comeing down for the baja 1000? we should be down with a large crew. let me now oops i mean no, oshi^%#$#$^% i mean kno9w darn it. what ever!!!