BajaNomad

Lunch at Splash Today

Gypsy Jan - 9-4-2009 at 06:27 PM

Is heaven or paradise defined by sitting outside under an umbrella facing ocean waves crashing against the rocks about one hundred feet away from your flip-flops with a margarita or beer in front of you? What could make it better?

Answer is - great food. The blackboard easel listed four or five specials, none over $8.95 US. Our group ordered shrimp fajitas, battered fried shrimp tacos. shrimp burrito and pescado zarandeado. All meals came with salad, rice, beans and tortillas.

Everything, including the zarandeado, was perfectly prepared and well seasoned. Yum!

Splash is located in Campito (a village about four miles south of Cantamar) is owned and operated by Nicolas and his brother, Gobo or Guapo (sorry, not sure of the spelling) who also own and operate Bahia "Cantiles, the Baja version of "Cheers" that is near Puerto Nuevo.

Splash is strictly a daytime operation, I think they close at four p.m.

noproblemo2 - 9-5-2009 at 09:06 PM

Not sure what time they close, but have been there later than that. Gapo is doing a fantastic job, and the food, atmosphere, drinks and hospitality are incredible. five stars in my book!!!:D:D:D:D:D

posting with all deference to those further south...

woody with a view - 9-7-2009 at 12:25 PM

Bia and I stayed at the Pyramid Resort sat. and sun. (THANKS Keri and Mike!) and went to check out the Splash. the name is appropriate as when the winter high tides and swell come, look out. on sat afternoon we drank a coupla rounds but were itching for some mango margies at Poco Cielo down the road. a really cool location tho.....

BTW, we saw a guy with a Pta Banda Bombero tshirt? kinda wondering who it was...small Nomad world and all!

DENNIS - 9-7-2009 at 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob

BTW, we saw a guy with a Pta Banda Bombero tshirt? kinda wondering who it was...small Nomad world and all!

They've been selling them at a lot of events lately. Fund-raising etc.
Was he staggering with a blank stare and lost look in his eyes? I might know who it is. BigMike, maybe.

Fred - 9-7-2009 at 01:57 PM

Dennis...............Big Mike has a blank stare AND lost look in his eyes????????? I know that is not from 2 buck Chuck.

DENNIS - 9-7-2009 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred
Dennis...............Big Mike has a blank stare AND lost look in his eyes????????? I know that is not from 2 buck Chuck.

Are you sure? He drinks the stuff like water...which he never drinks. :lol:

mulegemichael - 9-7-2009 at 02:03 PM

I have that look sometimes but was up here packing my truck

woody with a view - 9-7-2009 at 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob

They've been selling them at a lot of events lately. Fund-raising etc.
Was he staggering with a blank stare and lost look in his eyes? I might know who it is. BigMike, maybe.

the guy had red hair and a 'stache. he was not petite!

Von - 9-7-2009 at 04:16 PM

Picture guys........

woody with a view - 9-7-2009 at 04:32 PM

Splash - from the high tide line. a great spot to watch the sunset. can't comment on the food!

100_5209.jpg - 44kB

woody with a view - 9-7-2009 at 04:35 PM

Poco Cielo

next to la fonda hotel..... GREAT FOOD, DRINKS, PRICES AND THE WAITERS ARE TOP NOTCH!!!!!

we love it! mango margies!!!! try the clams in tequila and anise, and the fish is outstanding.

100_5219.jpg - 43kB

Baja Bernie - 9-8-2009 at 10:29 AM

Woops...Didn't mean to step on your toes Gypsy Jan.

Like I said, I only had 30 minutes so I didn't read the post unitl after I had stuck my foot in my mouth.

Bernie, You Never Step on My Toes

Gypsy Jan - 9-9-2009 at 06:41 PM

In fact, I'll bet that you do a mean fandango. :tumble:

Only my Danes step on my toes on a regular basis - Ouch!