BajaNomad

WSB/YT San Quintin

TonyC - 9-5-2009 at 04:47 AM

Just got back from San Quintin. Stayed 2 weeks, fished 6 days.

The fish were on the chew. Caught fish on crocs., and live bait. Way cool to fish off my boat for a change. I wanted to fish offshore, and also maybe drive down to BOLA for a few days, but could not leave fish to find fish.

Heading back in a few weeks, for another 2 weeks.

Yellowtail caught trolling with live bait.

WSB caught on a croc. catching.

Total catch for the day for my buddy and I.

BajaRudi - 9-5-2009 at 07:31 AM

Great catch. Nice Pics. Fish fry ?? and a few Pacificos ? Yum. Have fun. I'm now missing Baja even more.

TonyC - 9-10-2009 at 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRudi
Great catch. Nice Pics. Fish fry ?? and a few Pacificos ? Yum. Have fun. I'm now missing Baja even more.

BajaRudi, I see your in Napa. I'm over in Vallejo, the city that went bankrupt....great for home values. Do you do any fishing in our area, stripers, and sturgeon?

WSB bite died in San Quintin. Birds working the outside...lots of birds. If they (pajaros) head in, WSB will follow. Hope it's next week Friday, or Saturday. Should arrive Thursday night. If not I'll check the outside bite. Mike (Fishbuck) did real good in Ensenada. I haven't got my Dodo yet, or YF....maybe it's my time to get lucky.

fishbuck - 9-10-2009 at 12:33 PM

Nicely done TC!
Wish I was there for that WSB bite.

TonyC - 9-10-2009 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
Nicely done TC!
Wish I was there for that WSB bite.

No problema mi amigo. I'll be down for 10 days, mas o menos. If you want I'll call you if the bites hot....outside or inshore. I'm hoping for a inshore bite. I loaded up on krocs. The WSB is a blast to fish for....Gordo got a 75lber.

Bajaboy - 9-10-2009 at 07:55 PM

Those are some good looking fish....thanks for the post.

4baja - 9-10-2009 at 07:59 PM

thanks for the post!!! geting stocked for our trip south next week

BornFisher - 9-11-2009 at 11:35 AM

What a great trip! Congrats!!
WOW!! A 75# WSB!!!!!!!!!