BajaNomad

Edjucate me

Muddyrabbit - 9-6-2009 at 06:38 AM

OK, back home here in Ohio Meredith and I are very casual fisherpersons. Mostly farm ponds and rivers from the canoe with hook and bobber. We know nothing about fishing from the beach in the ocean. So, would it be worthwhile for us to bring our rods in January when we ride down the coast, or would be wasting our time? Talk to me.

Cypress - 9-6-2009 at 06:50 AM

On the Pacific. Yes. The Sea of Cortez? No.

Muddyrabbit - 9-6-2009 at 06:53 AM

Yes as in, yes that would be a waste of time on the Pacific side, or yes that would work on the Pacific side?

Diver - 9-6-2009 at 07:11 AM

Worthwhile ??
If you are taking the beach route; YES !

Bring anything over 6lb for beach fishing on the Cortez.
But plan on breaking some line unless you have a 12-15 lb rig on the Pacific ! :lol:
Also, maybe charter a panga along the way ??

DENNIS - 9-6-2009 at 09:33 AM

The best part about fishing is sitting there doing absolutly nothing. All you need for that is your rods, reels and a box of Pacifico.

nbacc - 9-6-2009 at 09:49 AM

I have caught many interesting things from the beach...sitting there with my rod and fishing. South of San Felipe in the Sa Of Cortez. Loved it and very relaxing. Some we ate and some we threw back such as the three stingrays I caught. My friend caught an eel also. Great fishing!!!!!!!!!! Nancy

mulegemichael - 9-6-2009 at 05:04 PM

on the east cape of baja the fishing from the beach in january can sometimes be fantastic for sierra and jack cravelle and other species...you'll need a 8 1/2 foot rod and a reel that holds a good supply of 15# line...bring krocodile spoons in chrome and large...reel em back in really fast at sunup...no problem....stay in hotel punta colorada for a magnificent time