BajaNomad

SECTUR is soon to disapear.

JESSE - 9-8-2009 at 02:45 PM

Calderon just announced the Tourism Secretary will cease to exist. I am begining to think the rumors are true, Calderon, is an idiot.

Bajahowodd - 9-8-2009 at 02:53 PM

Well, if he was a politician in the US, he'd be a Republican. You make the call.:tumble:

But seriously, he just announced a major shakeup in his cabinet, including replacing the "drug czar" and the guy running Pemex. Having not done well in the recent elections, are these moves supposed to position him better for the next election? Or is something weird going on? I'm just guessing here, but, as a free market, Ivy League guy, I'm fairly certain that the Pemex move is a prelude to opening the access to foreign investment. The other moves kinda baffle me. And, who could consider that Tourism is doing so well, it can be ignored?

comitan - 9-8-2009 at 02:56 PM

With the drug what it is how can you expect someone to promote tourism?:no::no:

JESSE - 9-8-2009 at 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Well, if he was a politician in the US, he'd be a Republican. You make the call.:tumble:

But seriously, he just announced a major shakeup in his cabinet, including replacing the "drug czar" and the guy running Pemex. Having not done well in the recent elections, are these moves supposed to position him better for the next election? Or is something weird going on? I'm just guessing here, but, as a free market, Ivy League guy, I'm fairly certain that the Pemex move is a prelude to opening the access to foreign investment. The other moves kinda baffle me. And, who could consider that Tourism is doing so well, it can be ignored?

Calderon has no real power anymore. He doesn't control congress, or the senate. His cabinet has made some pretty stupid mistakes wich has left him looking bad. The nation is in crisis. Crime is still raging. Pemex is flunking. Theres no water.

What we are seeing is the result of a negotiation betwen Calderon and the PRI. My best guess is PRI will take back the presidency on the next elections, and they will help Calderon to get out of this mess.

He has no choice, the presidency is the only leverage he has.

Bajahowodd - 9-8-2009 at 03:07 PM

Jesse- You may quite well be correct. But tell me, is it not also true that currently, the PRI is not your father's PRI? In other words, have they not been forced to become more progressive and changed since the election of Fox?

JESSE - 9-8-2009 at 03:11 PM

The PRI's candidate for the next elections, is Enrique Peņa Nieto, and behind him theres Carlos Salinas de Gortari. Salinas will virtually have a second shot at the presidency. Is that good or bad? the awnser needs serious deep thinking hours.

Bajahowodd - 9-8-2009 at 03:14 PM

Salinas? Hmmm. You said it all.

Bajahowodd - 9-8-2009 at 03:22 PM

I did just read the article in La Journada. I'm thinking that one might conclude that the moves being made are reforms to streamline the government. It was pointed out in the article that a number of Western Countries do not have a cabinet position specifically for tourism, but rather handle such business through entities such as the financial officer.

arrowhead - 9-8-2009 at 03:25 PM

Yeah, I read that in the papers this morning. The tourism secretariat is not going away, it is being consolidated into the secretariat of the economy. Other seceretariats are also being consolidated. Calderon is just shrinking the size of the government. Thousands of jobs are going to disappear.

CaboRon - 9-10-2009 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
With the drug what it is how can you expect someone to promote tourism?:no::no:

???????????????????????????????????????????????

msteve1014 - 9-10-2009 at 04:11 PM

Come on Ron.

(problem)

Bajahowodd - 9-10-2009 at 04:28 PM

CaboRon- don't know if you've caught the series of articles in the LA Times, but it certainly seems like Vegas has fallen on hard times. Except maybe if one is independently wealthy, such as yourself, and can take advantage of all those foreclosure deals. Just think you need to give it a rest as per your Baja disappointment.