BajaNomad

I spotted a NOMAD today!

Ken Cooke - 9-8-2009 at 09:03 PM

On my way to work this morning, John Marnell (a.k.a. - John M.) and his wife were crusing south on I-215 in a spiffy, new Toyota Tacoma with a distinctive GOT BAJA? sticker on the rear window. I was driving the Honda Pilot (w/o stickers), but had I been in the Rubicon, he probably would have noticed.

John M. looked like he was headed south...towards THE BAJA. Living this close to Baja definitely has it's advantages...

-Ken

Front row, 4th from the left

Ken Cooke - 9-8-2009 at 09:18 PM

Ken Cooke - 9-8-2009 at 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke

Punta Banda...It figures.

What? Like Riverside is a culture center? :lol::lol::lol:

The Mexican Food here is good, there is Thai, Indian, Chinese, and plenty of Mariscos places all over the place. Los Angeles is about 1 hour away. But, Ensenada is a nice, enjoyable place to be.

If I was in Punta Banda, I'd visit a nice Taqueria for a few tacos...in the morning.

BajaNuts - 9-8-2009 at 10:21 PM

other issues at hand, not the time to get snarky...

[Edited on 9-9-2009 by BajaNuts]

DENNIS - 9-8-2009 at 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts

it's a sandbox issue.....

It looks like "Cream O' Wheat."............in a hollowed out turtle.
Jeeeezo....for your sake, I hope PETA doesn't see this.

stanburn - 9-8-2009 at 11:17 PM

My god don't you ever get tired of hearing yourself type? The last 3 posts all stuff from you and you didn't contribute one iota to the thread. I haven't checked anyone else, but you have to be the most prolific poster ever on nomads, in 3 years you have averaged 10 a day and you still haven't said anything!

Your Mom!

rogerj1 - 9-8-2009 at 11:31 PM

Quote:
That must have been a pants wetting thrill. Lucky you.

This is similar to what I hear from my 14 year old son who's too cool to be impressed by anything. Except he can't come up with anything more clever as a riposte than "Your Mom!"

Speaking of my son, I gave him a a Baja Grande t shirt that I got from Ken Cooke and its one of his favorites.

David K - 9-9-2009 at 08:04 AM

Nice photo of most of the gang who came to Viva Baja Cactus (Nov. 2006)... Some of us are looking to the bus... maybe yelling for Antonio to come out and get in the photo? I see Antonio's mom in the doorway and Baja Angel is waving for him to get out... lol.

Do you have any more of the group?

Doug and I have posted our photos... Doug's: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=20601

Mine: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=20656

Hey! Nuby Stan and Burn

Baja Bernie - 9-9-2009 at 05:32 PM

Don't you be picking on my pal Dennis....He has a perfectly good reason for doing what he does...He just forgot what it was...

Wonderful silly post with the typical response made.

God I do wish I had more time to play in the playpen.

DENNIS - 9-9-2009 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie

God I do wish I had more time to play in the playpen.

You will, Bernie. Maybe after the honeymoon.
Good to see you, as always.

bump

Ken Cooke - 9-10-2009 at 05:56 PM

Hey everybody, I spotted a NOMAD!:bounce:

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Hey everybody, I spotted a NOMAD!:bounce:

What did you spot her with?

BFD

CaboRon - 9-10-2009 at 05:59 PM

David K - 9-10-2009 at 07:36 PM

Yah, it's a BFD Ron... but it is a nice, friendly post... one designed to bring out some friendly conversation... hint, hint.

There are some who actually come to Baja Nomad to read about other people's trips and gain some information and maybe make a new friend online or otherwise. It doesn't (only) need to be about mordida, crooked politicians, are property rip-offs... the 'ugly' stuff.

Ken Cooke - 9-10-2009 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Yah, it's a BFD Ron... but it is a nice, friendly post... one designed to bring out some friendly conversation... hint, hint.

There are some who actually come to Baja Nomad to read about other people's trips and gain some information and maybe make a new friend online or otherwise. It doesn't (only) need to be about mordida, crooked politicians, are property rip-offs... the 'ugly' stuff.

Wierd. People 'love' Baja, yet, they hate it all at the same time. :!:

MikeLikeBaja - 9-10-2009 at 07:39 PM

I am guessing you could spot a nomad everyday stumbling out of sharky's. Laptop in hand and anger on his mind.

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 07:57 PM

What's that supposed to mean?

David K - 9-10-2009 at 08:00 PM

Where is 'Sharky's'... Punta Bufeo??

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 08:05 PM

Quote:

Yeah. That's where it is. Just north of Punto boneheadMike.

MikeLikeBaja - 9-10-2009 at 08:18 PM

must have hit a nerve :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bajaboy - 9-10-2009 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah. That's where it is. Just north of Punto boneheadMike.

An observation Dennis-

You're a bit sensitive...but you sure have no problem dishing out the caca....

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
An observation Dennis-

And, your problem with that is what?

Bajaboy - 9-11-2009 at 06:25 AM

Quote:
Quote:
An observation Dennis-

And, your problem with that is what?

No problem...as I said, an observation

DENNIS - 9-11-2009 at 06:55 AM

Quote:
No problem...as I said, an observation

Thanks. Just something in my defense....I don't dish it out without provocation. There may have been exceptions but, my nonsense is almost always a response.
Thanks again for watching. It raises my ratings. :lol:

CaboRon - 9-11-2009 at 07:05 AM

Quote:

No , it is just another excuse for Ken to post another pic of himself ... he is desperate for the attention, just a big baby.

David K - 9-11-2009 at 07:34 AM

Photos of Nomads and Baja amigos having fun is NOT an attention need IMO (as I do it often and I don't have ADD). I like showing the GOOD part of being on the Baja Internet... the part where people who share a common love for the place get together on occaision and celebrate.

It is using Baja and Baja Nomad to have FUN, you should try it sometime!:yes::wow::rolleyes:

DianaT - 9-11-2009 at 08:05 AM

Quote:
Photos of Nomads and Baja amigos having fun is NOT an attention need IMO (as I do it often and I don't have ADD).

ADD---as in Attention Deficit Disorder? If it is, I suggest you find out what ADD is.

David K - 9-11-2009 at 08:09 AM

My reply was to Cabo Ron who I am sure doesn't know...

DianaT - 9-11-2009 at 08:16 AM

Quote:

Maybe not, but in the context in which you used ADD, if you were referring to Attention Deficit Disorder, it sounds like you do not have a clue about the disorder and just threw it out there with your own definition.

Barry A. - 9-11-2009 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Quote:

Maybe not, but in the context in which you used ADD, if you were referring to Attention Deficit Disorder, it sounds like you do not have a clue about the disorder and just threw it out there with your own definition.

Diane-------

To me it sounds like you are having another attack of HSTDK (hyper sensitivity to david k). :lol: :P

Barry

'

DianaT - 9-11-2009 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
Quote:
Quote:

Diane-------

To me it sounds like you are having another attack of HSTDK (hyper sensitivity to david k). :lol: :P

Barry

'

Nah, just trying to help, as he would say. :lol::lol:

Seriously, his defense would have sounded much better if he had left off that reference, unless ADD stands for something other than Attention Deficient Disorder.

Barry A. - 9-11-2009 at 08:35 AM

Diane----

True, but picky, picky, picky, you think???? :lol:

Not important anyway, and I am just ribbing you. :spingrin:

Barry

DianaT - 9-11-2009 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Diane----

True, but picky, picky, picky, you think???? :lol:

Barry

Probably. :yes:

Now off to the Dell Computer online tech to try and solve a speaker problem. As always, they will throw a lot of acronyms at me about which I don't have a clue. :lol::lol:

Diane

Barry A. - 9-11-2009 at 08:51 AM

I too hate acronyms!!!! which did not serve me well as a Govt. employee. :no:

Now, back to Ken's report of seeing a NOMAD (John M.)------I like that he reported this, and find it fun. I have NEVER seen a NOMAD in my USA travels, and have often wondered why, and I am always looking for those great GOT BAJA bumper stickers. I have one on each of my vehicles. Hope to someday see another one, and then I can report it on this board and get all that attention that comes with it (and all the barbs, too) :rolleyes:. :lol:

Barry

Diver - 9-11-2009 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Now off to the Dell Computer online tech to try and solve a speaker problem. As always, they will throw a lot of acronyms at me about which I don't have a clue. :lol::lol:
Diane

Halo, wat my I he-lp yu witt tuday ? :lol::lol::lol:

David K - 9-11-2009 at 04:25 PM

Diane, I do know what it is...

(see u2u)

[Edited on 9-11-2009 by David K]

ABSOLUTELY 100%

Ken Cooke - 9-11-2009 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Now, back to Ken's report of seeing a NOMAD (John M.)------I like that he reported this, and find it fun. I have NEVER seen a NOMAD in my USA travels, and have often wondered why, and I am always looking for those great GOT BAJA bumper stickers. I have one on each of my vehicles. Hope to someday see another one, and then I can report it on this board and get all that attention that comes with it (and all the barbs, too) :rolleyes:. :lol:

Barry

I completely agree with you, Barry. On my way to work, dragging a little this past Tuesday morning, and I saw GOT BAJA? on the back of a new, Maroon Tacoma truck.

I thought it was pretty cool. In my Jeep, I would have gotten his attention, but a very positive, nice thing to see - Marnell and his wife having a nice conversation probably headed someplace fun...most likely, Baja.