BajaNomad

Jungle Jim's??

Bob H - 9-9-2009 at 09:53 AM

I've looked through so many threads and cannot find anything about how Jungle Jim's place fared. Anyone have info or photos of the place?
Bob H

DENNIS - 9-9-2009 at 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
I've looked through so many threads and cannot find anything about how Jungle Jim's place fared. Anyone have info or photos of the place?
Bob H

Pompano would be able to tell you. Where is he right about now?

capt. mike - 9-9-2009 at 01:25 PM

Bob H. - word is Bart is going to reopen quickly so maybe it was only a mud muck out needed. his challenge will be getting beer, booze and ice!!

Cypress - 9-9-2009 at 01:56 PM

Jungle Jims? It'll be back. Been there a time or two. Reminds me of tea-time at the assisted living establishment, only they're serving adult beverages. One of those neighborhood bars. But, it's not a bad neighborhood.:tumble:

Mulegena - 9-9-2009 at 02:00 PM

If they tied the windows and doors open, damage was minimal, I imagine.

Casita which faces Jungla's and perpendicular to river rec'd. (only) 7 feet of water.

Yes, the 'hood is beautiful!!

rpleger - 9-9-2009 at 02:14 PM

They had plenty of time to take the windows out and put them some where safe.

Skeet/Loreto - 9-9-2009 at 05:51 PM

Sure will be glad when it is up and running!

I have a date to buy
Arrowhead" a Beer and then throw its Sorry Butt in the River!

Then it will be "Drinks on the House for the rest of the Nite>

Skeet/loreto

Crusoe - 9-9-2009 at 05:56 PM

Oh Skeet---:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bounce::bounce::bounce:

DENNIS - 9-9-2009 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto

Then it will be "Drinks on the House for the rest of the Nite>

Skeet/loreto

Does Bart know that?

Bob and Susan - 9-9-2009 at 06:41 PM

i need a date and time
i want to be there too

think skeet can lift you dennis?

i heard yesterday that the jungle will "open soon"

DENNIS - 9-9-2009 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

i need a date

OH OH..What's Susan going to say about that?

Nah. He doesn't want to lift me. He's going after someone else.

Bob H - 9-9-2009 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan

i need a date

OH OH..What's Susan going to say about that?

Nah. He doesn't want to lift me. He's going after someone else.

Now, THAT's hilarious! I am sure Bob meant what DAY this will occur... hahahaaha
Bob H

mulegemichael - 9-9-2009 at 09:48 PM

Pompano called me this morning from chula vista..this will be his second load..looks like we might meet up just north of the border and caravan down but i don't think his foot is as heavy as mine..we're in southern oregon tonight will be in mulege by sunday; all things considered

arrowhead - 9-9-2009 at 11:00 PM

Quote:
I have a date to buy

OK, Skeeter, just don't forget your hat.

By the way, did I ever tell you I weigh 310 pounds? :lol:

Skeet/Loreto - 9-10-2009 at 07:19 AM

Hey Nomads.

Let us all think about a "Grand party" after everyone is taken care of.

Maybe set a Date for One year from now.??

We could do some advertisement and have people from all over. People could all bring a donation of some kind and meet in Mulege.

somewhat like the "Book signing thing with David K.

Everyone would get a chance to see me toss Arrowhead and Dennis in the River.

After all the Baja Bush pilots have done we could make it a Big Party for them at the Serinadad.

Lrt us keep it in Mind.

Skeet

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 08:03 AM

Quote:

Everyone would get a chance to see me toss Arrowhead and Dennis in the River.

Thanks anyway, Rev. Skeet. I've already been baptized.

Your optimism is admirable, none the less, planning a hootnanny in a Hurricane zone in the middle of Hurricane season. I guess enough time has passed since the last event that you no longer remember. :lol:

CaboRon - 9-10-2009 at 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:
I have a date to buy

OK, Skeeter, just don't forget your hat.

By the way, did I ever tell you I weigh 310 pounds? :lol:

Skeeter needs his butt kicked :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Skeet/Loreto - 9-10-2009 at 12:29 PM

Cabo:

There have been several in the past who "Thought" they could Kick ole Skeeters Butt>
They were mistaken>

Have to tell you Dennis, I had a total of 53 Fights including The two Fights in Chicago at Soldiers Statudim in the National Golden Gloves after winning the New Mexicao State Golden Gloves in 1947 at 112 Lb.

Gut think it would be Great Fun and a real Kicker for both the Mexicanos and Americanos to have a Hurricane party. We could always wait until after october 16th if some people were shy about coming during the season.

It would really be a Help to show all the good Folks of Mulege th.at we care for them.

Skeet,

P.S. Thjanks for posting the Photo Arrowhead, I have already had to request for a Date.

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Cabo:

There have been several in the past who "Thought" they could Kick ole Skeeters Butt>
They were mistaken>

Have to tell you Dennis, I had a total of 53 Fights including The two Fights in Chicago at Soldiers Statudim in the National Golden Gloves after winning the New Mexicao State Golden Gloves in 1947 at 112 Lb.

Gut think it would be Great Fun and a real Kicker for both the Mexicanos and Americanos to have a Hurricane party. We could always wait until after october 16th if some people were shy about coming during the season.

It would really be a Help to show all the good Folks of Mulege th.at we care for them.

Skeet,

Wassup Skeeter? Do we have to start wearing name tags here so you know who's who? I couldn't care less where you fought at 112 lbs. Was that third grade or were you just under-nourished from all the rocks and twigs you had to eat during the Depression?

If a post-production party is required to show the people of Mulege that we care......I'd say they arn't paying attention.

Anyway, party on, Skeeter. Save souls while you're at it.

Cypress - 9-10-2009 at 01:28 PM

DENNIS, You do have a way with words.
Skeet/Loreto, 53 fights at any weight is tuff. You probably ought to hang up your gloves. Not to say you're not a slugger, but let some younger dudes step into the ring. And the good folks of MULEGE know you and all the rest fo the Nomads care for them.:bounce:

Skeet/Loreto - 9-10-2009 at 02:47 PM

Guess you may be right Cypress.

Old habits are hard to break.

Really think it would be a Fun thing to do after Mulege starts getting back to Nomal, which will take sometime, then we could all get together at Jungle Jim;s and meet each other Face to Face.

Oh! If we just had Feliwecia to fix us Carnita again.

Feliwecia was a descendant of one of the Black Soldiers that was stationed in La Paz so many, many years ago.
He did the cooking in a great big black Pot out in front of the Hotel Mulege.
Good times were had by all.

Skeet

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Really think it would be a Fun thing to do after Mulege starts getting back to Nomal,

We could make it a, "Bus Party." All of us big-hearted Norte Americanos could cruise through the areas which we know our efforts made a difference and wave to the adoring crowds.
Of course, our humility would prevent us from giving autographs. Perhaps at town functions in the future, we could give blessings. :lol:

Cypress - 9-10-2009 at 04:14 PM

DENNIS, Yea, sorta like a Mardi gras parade. All us peons will stand alongside the road and jump to catch the trinkets. We'll wave at the royalty and thank them for their blessings.;D

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 04:23 PM

We are vital and important. Yes we are. :biggrin:

Bajahowodd - 9-10-2009 at 04:24 PM

Guerrero Negro?

DENNIS - 9-10-2009 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Guerrero Negro?

Elucidate, pork flavor.

CaboRon - 9-10-2009 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Really think it would be a Fun thing to do after Mulege starts getting back to Nomal,

We could make it a, "Bus Party." All of us big-hearted Norte Americanos could cruise through the areas which we know our efforts made a difference and wave to the adoring crowds.
Of course, our humility would prevent us from giving autographs. Perhaps at town functions in the future, we could give blessings. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::bounce::lol::lol::yes::lol::lol::tumble::lol::lol:

Bob H - 9-10-2009 at 08:21 PM

My original post was out of concern for the structure of Jungle Jim's after this last event. Here is a photo of me standing by a side door at Jungle Jims that shows the water line from Hurricane John... I thought that this last one would be a lot worse, but it appears not. Any current photos of this place would be interesting to see.

Bob H

Here's Hurricane John's mark... on the side door by the bar.

ecomujeres - 9-10-2009 at 08:24 PM

This new link has more Mulege photos and some of La Jungla.

http://cid-ff6e476d473e3786.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Hu...

Debra

mulegemichael - 9-10-2009 at 08:46 PM

the jungle is fine...bart'll have em ice cold within the week...a VERY durable guy, bart.

Mil Gracias Soulman

Sharksbaja - 9-10-2009 at 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
and then all the old guys that sit around all day could show us their ta taas!;D

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
DENNIS, Yea, sorta like a Mardi gras parade. All us peons will stand alongside the road and jump to catch the trinkets. We'll wave at the royalty and thank them for their blessings.;D
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now I really do feel better!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

toneart - 9-11-2009 at 09:29 AM

Apparently the damage from Jimena, down the river, was not quite as bad as from Hurricane John. (Not to diminish the impact that people down river have to suffer all over again).

But the town itself, the surrounding areas, all of the north side of the river, and the south side of the river including The Oasis and The Orchard westward was hit much harder.

First things first: Get the beer flowing at the Jungla. Then everything else (what to do) will become much clearer!:lol::lol::lol:

capt. mike - 9-11-2009 at 11:05 AM

had to be much worse than John down river if the end 3 homes and the serenidad all had 3' of water in their bldgs.
for John none of them actually got water inside - only the yards flooded and a few casitas on the Serenidad's north side.
even the RV park south lot of Serenidad had 3' water flowing thru. my palapa only got surface rain from John, no accumulation being so far south relatively from the rio zona.

not to diminish the enormity of those more affected westerly....it is truly horrific.

toneart - 9-11-2009 at 01:25 PM

Mike, you are right! Jimena did suck a lot more for everybody than did H. John. It is hard to tell from reports, but the pictures are indeed horrific.

I thought that the Jungle Jim's fared better. There were also a couple of individual reports that I thought implied that they came out better, but apparently not. Is the runway at The Serenidad now operable? I read that it would be up very soon. That is quicker than after H. John.They were probably better prepared, by experience from John, to deal with it. I'm just conjecturing, with my mind impared by the thought of a cold cerveza in The Jungla.

Anyway, this bad girl, Jimena really kicked everybody's burro.

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
had to be much worse than John down river if the end 3 homes and the serenidad all had 3' of water in their bldgs.
for John none of them actually got water inside - only the yards flooded and a few casitas on the Serenidad's north side.
even the RV park south lot of Serenidad had 3' water flowing thru. my palapa only got surface rain from John, no accumulation being so far south relatively from the rio zona.

not to diminish the enormity of those more affected westerly....it is truly horrific.

capt. mike - 9-11-2009 at 03:25 PM

yes - the RW at Serenidad just opened today at 2200 ft useable per BBP alert.
BBP paid for the grader to start as soon as they could source one.
then they got some heavy trucks to run compaction. it simply worked out quicker than when John hit.

but at 2200 ft it's short for heavy planes. they'll land heavy and that's ok for the guys who are good at short field work - but not a lot of room for sloppiness.
take off will be light for all of them so should be ok.
if the traction is slick from wet and fine grains - it effectively makes the useable shorter.
all those BBP guys are experienced - they'll handle it.

should see arrivals regularly thru next week - lots of chatter on the BBP about who's going when - some went to chivato today already i hear.

Charise - 9-11-2009 at 04:01 PM

marv's wife here, could someone take down dog food for my dogs, mulege is out,
is would be so appreciated,
thanks,
cathy