BajaNomad

crossed at tecate today, 9/11

mulegemichael - 9-11-2009 at 04:11 PM

Crossed at Tecate today around 1pm...strange stuff...but good stuff as we were packed to the gills with big items....before we got to the crossing the U.S. border guards were greeting everyone as they drove up...we gotta guy that we've had before...he asked us the usual, "where ya from?", "where ya goin?" questions..then flagged us on..when we got to the border the "declare" lane was gated off and everyone was directed to the "no declare" lane...we pulled up there, got the "big green" and rolled on through...NO, and i mean NO mexican border guys there...EVERYONE that we saw got the green light...maybe, just maybe, something positive is going on in regards to hurricane relief...i have NEVER been checked by U.S. guys going IN to mexico..i mean, what do they care?...our feelings are that it's a cooperative deal with mexico because of the chubasco..i hope...he did ask us if we had less than 10 grand and we lied...sorry, we all have a little bandito in us...guererro negro manana then home on sunday...

BajaWarrior - 9-11-2009 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
Crossed at Tecate today around 1pm...strange stuff...but good stuff as we were packed to the gills with big items....before we got to the crossing the U.S. border guards were greeting everyone as they drove up...we gotta guy that we've had before...he asked us the usual, "where ya from?", "where ya goin?" questions..then flagged us on..when we got to the border the "declare" lane was gated off and everyone was directed to the "no declare" lane...we pulled up there, got the "big green" and rolled on through...NO, and i mean NO mexican border guys there...EVERYONE that we saw got the green light...maybe, just maybe, something positive is going on in regards to hurricane relief...i have NEVER been checked by U.S. guys going IN to mexico..i mean, what do they care?...our feelings are that it's a cooperative deal with mexico because of the chubasco..i hope...he did ask us if we had less than 10 grand and we lied...sorry, we all have a little bandito in us...guererro negro manana then home on sunday...

You must have gotten the shift change then like I did crossing into Mexicali at 1 pm on Wednesday. Almost not a soul, they were just trickling out the last shift was GONE!

Diver - 9-11-2009 at 06:48 PM

When we passed Tecate last year there was no one in the booth.
One officer was asleep in his truck and when we pulled up, he raised his hat off his eyes and waved us through.

The year before, they flagged us through but stopped Tim01 and Barbareno for a quick search of their RV - gotta watch out for those Canadan beer smugglers !! :lol:

Gotta love crossing at Tecate'.