BajaNomad

domingiando en Asuncion

shari - 9-21-2009 at 09:30 AM

Sunday-ing is not always possible if we have guests so this sunday was nice to spend together at our secret beach doing
what Juan likes to do best...fish!

We got up predawn so we would make it to the playa at high tide after cutting a bit of manzanito firewood in the arroyo. We also planned pithayando but the pithaya were only ping pong ball size so they arent ready yet...darn...

we marveled at the large dolphin family all surfing together down only the biggest waves

As usual Juan caught his limit of boca dulce...yellowfin croaker in under an hour and we had a lovely day wallowing in the waves with the dogs and dolphins catching waves and eating teriyaki bonita salad and grilled boca dulce and some carne asada de burro....dreamy day!

DSC03678.JPG - 48kB

Russ - 9-21-2009 at 09:32 AM

Someday:biggrin:

Sharksbaja - 9-21-2009 at 10:33 AM

Ain't life a beach! How's bout a pic of the fish he caught?

wessongroup - 9-21-2009 at 10:52 AM

Too cool... thanks:):)

shari - 9-21-2009 at 11:05 AM

cant post the fish pics cause I'll take too much flack for Juan's "attire"....they were nice....the fish I mean.

Skipjack Joe - 9-21-2009 at 11:14 AM

Cool picture, Shari. Love seeing the dog get into it like that.

See? No flack.

shari - 9-21-2009 at 11:19 AM

I for one am glad Juan doesnt wear his long shorts into the surf cause they are hard to get the salt out....viva speedos for surf fishing! Shami never leaves Juan's side which makes casting a challenge...has only hooked her once so far...she also swims around him in circles when he spearfishes....one loyal dawg.

Bajagypsy - 9-21-2009 at 12:10 PM

Glad you had a wonderful relazing time girlfriend, sure do miss the beach!

elgatoloco - 9-21-2009 at 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
cant post the fish pics cause I'll take too much flack for Juan's "attire"....they were nice....the fish I mean.

That is what photoshop is for.

Lauriboats - 9-21-2009 at 08:21 PM

Looks like my kinda day, miss you and the beach.

wessongroup - 9-22-2009 at 11:36 AM

Not as "stylish" as Juan.... and not sure if anything was caught

[Edited on 9-22-2009 by wessongroup]

Crusoe - 9-22-2009 at 03:22 PM

Wessongroup..... Great shot!!!....Do you have any info. on your picture? Who? Where? What?.... Thanx ++C++

Looking for

wessongroup - 9-22-2009 at 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Crusoe
Wessongroup..... Great shot!!!....Do you have any info. on your picture? Who? Where? What?.... Thanx ++C++

Hell, was hoping you knew... got it in the mail.. they wanted to know if I knew same..

Someone must know who that is... :):):)

Iflyfish - 9-22-2009 at 11:02 PM

La vida!! Great shot!

Iflyfish

Geo_Skip - 9-22-2009 at 11:04 PM

OK, I'm guessing here, Juan must be a bit over 5 feet so the shore casting rod must be what 12 foot (about 4 meter)? Just trying to get a clue about appropriate shore casting gear. NO!!!!I promise I will not wear a Speedo when I get back to Asuncion... I have a reasonable respect for my age and a bit of pride left. I would be happy to just pull in a few larger than average calicos, halibut or yellowtails. As I age my objectives and ego are more "Right Sized" than they once were. Good eating with good companions makes a better goal than "Winning", for some worn out types (ie well used Geologists).

shari - 9-23-2009 at 08:49 AM

longer rod the better:lol:
for casting out over the breakers anyway.

Geo_Skip - 9-23-2009 at 07:59 PM

As I suspected, Shari, Juan is a man of many qualities. Oops about the 5 foot estimate, fingers slipped on the keys, I know he's in the 6 Foot range.

Now what size hooks or lures do you use with the long rod? :biggrin::biggrin:

shari - 9-23-2009 at 08:07 PM

he uses medium size krocodiles...like 3" or if he uses bait like squid he uses #9 or 10 hooks....his braid is nearly 5'!!!!

snowcat5 - 9-25-2009 at 06:49 PM

Hey Shari, Do you pick-out all of Jaun's clothing? His swimsuits?

Paulina - 9-25-2009 at 08:56 PM

MAN, you two live the life. I'd love to do a tag along one day. I promise not to talk or get in the way, or be noticed, just to have that day of solitude with the fishing, dolphin, good food and friendly vibes.

You have it made.
Your grass looks very green from my side of the fence.

P<*)))>{

Crusoe - 9-25-2009 at 09:05 PM

Wessongroup......That pic just has to be North Shore, Pipe, Ha.... Someone has monkeyed with the coloring. Beautiful photo. Thanx. ++C++ ;);)

shari - 9-26-2009 at 08:18 AM

Paulina, it would be an honour to share our secret beach with you...it would be a great day indeed...you will love the manzanito wood smoked croakers! with a little chilled white wine perhaps?

snow cat...believe me, Juan's attire wasnt my idea!Juan grew up on san roque island swimming with seals there. He loves to swim and dive and looks like an otter when in the water...swimming in shorts just wouldnt work for him...i had a hard time getting used to the speedo too but now understand it...but still hate it when he shaves his body for diving...ewww.

oh goodie...tomorrow is sunday...more domingiando! wanna come out and play Paulina?

snowcat5 - 9-27-2009 at 08:31 AM

Shari, Juan, is my new inspiration. I just bought a new flesh-colored Speedo for the beach. Did I mention that I weigh over 400 pounds, am real hairy, and 4' 7" tall! My wife has decided not to travel with me anymore...:lol:

shari - 9-27-2009 at 08:54 AM

look forward to seeing you on the beach!!! maybe you'll start a new fashion trend....have a great domingo everybody...

Russ - 9-27-2009 at 09:24 AM

I'm sorry, "The devil made me do it!"

Juan .jpg - 46kB