BajaNomad

Mision Hotel Dorado Invitational, Loreto

LaTijereta - 9-21-2009 at 08:28 PM

Did I mention this took place back in 1983....:spingrin:

These tournaments were hosted by Don Rosendahl(Rosendahl Farms out of Fresno) and Jamie Parker of Loreto is those days. We had about 25 teams fishing in Mexican pangas (no gringo boats allowed, as you picked local boat names out of a hat... You also never got to fish with same skipper twice over the two day tournamemt)

capt. mike - 9-22-2009 at 06:26 AM

this is the coolest stuff!!

fishbuck - 9-22-2009 at 04:06 PM

I loved the old Mission Hotel. It was one of the first I stayed in.

MitchMan - 9-22-2009 at 06:31 PM

The old Mision Hotel was the first I stayed at in 1986. I loved that place and I miss it. The new place is beautiful, but too Newport Beachy for me. I remember the bar tender, Vicente. He was a character. He ignored me at the bar for the first three hours until I got his trust. Then he took me out after he closed bar at midnight and we partied all over the place until two in the morning. We ate tacos at a cart vendor on the street. Delicious. I got Montezuma's revenge the next day. Great times.

[Edited on 9-23-2009 by MitchMan]

LaTijereta - 9-22-2009 at 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
The old Mision Hotel was the first I stayed at in 1986. I loved that place and I miss it. The new place is beautiful, but too Newport Beachy for me. I remember the bar tender, Vicente. He was a character. He ignored me at the bar for the first three hours until I got his trust. Then he took me out after he closed bar at midnight and we partied all over the place until two in the morning. We ate tacos at a cart vendor on the street. Delicious. I got Montezuma's revenge the next day. Great times.

[Edited on 9-23-2009 by MitchMan]

Vicente was always the best bartender we had in Loreto in those day.. The only one that could make more than one drink at a time when needed!