BajaNomad

Tuna FINALLY arrive in Bahia Asuncion!!!

shari - 9-27-2009 at 11:51 AM

You know what fishermen do on their days off...FISH! So Juan, Jaun Carlos and Kevin set out on a mission today to find tuna. And they DID!!! They werent big tuna but they were decent and will be so yummy smoked ( dont tell Skeet!:lol:)
In less than 3 hours, they got a dorado, 6 yellowtail, 4 yellowfin tuna, and a couple bonita....sashimi time!

[Edited on 9-27-2009 by shari]

DSC03706-2.JPG - 35kB

woody with a view - 9-27-2009 at 12:10 PM

:yes:

save a dorado....

edit: Bia wants to catch one!

[Edited on 9-27-2009 by woody in ob]

shari - 9-27-2009 at 12:29 PM

got it woodman...case of ballena bottles and some dorado! wooo hooo

grmpb - 9-27-2009 at 12:45 PM

:mad: hadda pay off a bet to juan carlos. 100p for catching the most!

shari - 9-27-2009 at 12:58 PM

just wasnt your big day grmpy...juan carlos said....kevin tiene que baņar con azugar.....porque es MUY salada!:lol:
see, I knew you'd be cursed after all the excessive bragging how you were gonna win the bet!

sashimi is ready sir.

[Edited on 9-27-2009 by shari]

grmpb - 9-27-2009 at 01:11 PM

that's grmpb as in bees twas the the bees what jinxed me!

MikeLikeBaja - 9-27-2009 at 05:47 PM

do the tuna need a bracelet to swim the waters of asuncion?

grmpb - 9-27-2009 at 06:00 PM

:lol: they were all unaware that they needed them

grmpb - 9-27-2009 at 07:58 PM

they were givin a stern warning a.d.

fishbuck - 9-28-2009 at 06:51 PM

My son and I caught 7 Yellowfin (same size) 1 40lb Albacore, 3 Yellowtail and a Dorado yesterday about 140 miles south of Point Loma.
No Biosphere fee either.
But congrats on the Atun.;D

shari - 9-29-2009 at 07:20 AM

hey fishbuck...just curious as to how much that fishing trip cost and how many people on board? thanks

they coulda caught tuna all day but this was only a quickie...get some fish for the smoker deal! Just got a report that a fisherman caught some bigger tuna yesterday...lets hope the boys going out tomorrow find those!

k-rico - 9-29-2009 at 07:25 AM

For how long does the water stay at tuna temp? It is a water temp thing, right?

shari - 9-29-2009 at 08:20 AM

Tuna season is just beginning and will last through into December. Our water temps stay high till then and cool off in january.

Beachgirl - 9-29-2009 at 08:40 AM

Shari, Mulegemichael and I want to be part of that!!! Blowing back down soon as the temp cools down a bit in Mulege. Sadly it is the opposite here. 39 on our deck this morning. Burrrrrr. Stacking up replacement stuff in our garage, and blowing thru boxes of Kleenex (literally), but plan to hit the road in 8-10 days? Will be in touch about availability of your house on the sand. Makes sense for us to see you on the way down. Have a couple of lavender yummy scented items for you. Leave a couple of fat tunas out there for us to snag, ok?

fishbuck - 9-29-2009 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
hey fishbuck...just curious as to how much that fishing trip cost and how many people on board? thanks

they coulda caught tuna all day but this was only a quickie...get some fish for the smoker deal! Just got a report that a fisherman caught some bigger tuna yesterday...lets hope the boys going out tomorrow find those!

09-27-2009 1.5 Day 30 Anglers, 60 Dorado, 2 Albacore, 148 Yellowfin Tuna

The trip cost $275. But I was at the landing in San Diego in about 1 hour driving from my house.
We get on the boat at about 9pm and sleep until about 8am to get that far south.
It's a bit of comparing apples to oranges.

"The Grande is an 85x24 foot vessel built by DITMAR & DONALDSON." It ain't no panga!

It includes 2 nights sleeping on the boat so I guess you could say that price includes 1 day fishing and 2 nights lodging.

Don't get me wrong. I love to fish with Juan on his panga. Fishing with him in Asuncion is one of the best types of fishing that I have ever done.:yes:

Keep in mind that it's a 2 day drive for me to Asuncion. So 1 day of fishing there is a 5 day trip. So San Diego or Ensenada is a viable weekend trip for me without missing any work. And we have had plenty of fish up here this year and it might go for another month or so too.

But I am happy for you and Juan that you have tuna!

shari - 9-29-2009 at 07:08 PM

thanks for the info....I was always curious about the prices of those trips...wow...they sleep 30 people on that boat??? the cook must be busy!
Thanks for the compliment fishbuck...