BajaNomad

Bahia Asuncion Fishing Report

BirdDog - 10-6-2009 at 10:34 AM

Just wanted to thank Juan for a great fishing trip yesterday. The purple rapala was the lure of choice. We caught Tuna, Dorado, Yellowtail and Cabrilla. The biggest fish was a 40+lb Tuna. Biggest Yellowtail was very close to 30lbs. Had a very nice Dorado spit the lure right next to the boat. Another very fishy day in all.

jorgie - 10-6-2009 at 11:16 AM

BirdDog yer doing this on purpose . How many days down ? How big is the freezer ?

woody with a view - 10-6-2009 at 11:25 AM

without fotos it's all propaganda!!!!!!

shari - 10-6-2009 at 11:33 AM

gracias amigos....jorgie...the freezer is not NEAR big enough so we gave alot of fish away and have 4 trays in the smoker right now...can ya smell the alder?

As always Ms.Birdog is the CHAMPION tuna catcher!! It was awesome Birddog Senior caught tuna,dorado, yellowtail and calico from his wheelchair...neato! Now I know why birdog is so ummmm....adventurous!

We have so enjoyed fishing, swimming in huge waves, dancing, drinking, feasting and laughing till we cried with this wonderful family...even if birdog DID beat me at backgammon. (I just let him win...jejejeje)

Here they are with a sample of thier wares.
..note the pithaya margaritas on the panga!

Cardon Man - 10-6-2009 at 11:59 AM

Shari...those look like pithaya margs in the foreground. If so, you're livin right!

woody with a view - 10-6-2009 at 12:01 PM

nice!

jorgie - 10-6-2009 at 12:36 PM

Shari , as I recall BirdDog has done the backgammon thingo before . Nice catch , good booze .

Sunman - 10-6-2009 at 01:37 PM

Way to go BirdDogs!! Glad to hear you are down enjoying your casa once again!

Bajagypsy - 10-6-2009 at 02:52 PM

Looks like you are having a wonderful time, so very happy for you!

fishbuck - 10-6-2009 at 03:17 PM

Very nice! Looks like you all had fun!:yes:

Bajaboy - 10-6-2009 at 03:36 PM

Gabriel and I have been enjoying the bird dog and his family. Hate to see them go.

zac

BirdDog - 10-6-2009 at 05:30 PM

Mucha Garcias to all. It once again is a great day in Asuncion. Good call Cardon those are some tasty margs. Sunman we are missing you and Gunner. Been a blast too bad we have to head out tomorrow.:( Already planning our next trip. Shari's smoked tuna is awesome. Very fishy here again the boat came in loaded down. Wish we had been on it.

BirdDog - 10-6-2009 at 05:31 PM

Almost forgot to mention the pleasure of meeting Zac and Gabriel. Great to know we have friends here when we move down.

DianaT - 10-6-2009 at 05:54 PM

And it is such a SMALL world----still can't get over the idea that your parents knew our friend from Honduras.

Will miss all of you.

[Edited on 10-7-2009 by DianaT]

Udo - 10-6-2009 at 06:00 PM

We are jealous!
Great going, Birddog

BirdDog - 10-6-2009 at 06:20 PM

Still laughing about that Dianne. Great to see you guys again.

BajaGringo - 10-6-2009 at 09:24 PM

Great Nomad thread - thank you all for sharing...

shari - 10-7-2009 at 09:49 AM

Whew...the party animal birdog family finally left so I can get some work done now and dry out!!! We had to siphon gas out of my little red truck to get them to vizcaino!!

We will sorely miss them all...we laughed so hard all week, my abs are sore.

Here is some of yesterday's booty...some real nice tuna and yellowail. The weather has cooled significantly the last couple days and wind in the afternoons has returned...but the bite is wide open close to the island.

DSC03783-1.JPG - 49kB

cbuzzetti - 10-7-2009 at 12:09 PM

Let's hope it holds up. I can't get there for another 3 weeks.

I sure hope lobster season is open, haven't had any in a while.

see you soon!!

woody with a view - 10-7-2009 at 12:25 PM

we're fishing halloween.... no tricks, just tuna!!!!

and nov. 1st..... just in case we get shut out!

Bajaboy - 10-7-2009 at 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbuzzetti
Let's hope it holds up. I can't get there for another 3 weeks.

I sure hope lobster season is open, haven't had any in a while.

see you soon!!

Lobster season is open and in full swing....my son and I had our share. We had a great time at our place in Bahia Asuncion and look forward to returning for Christmas.

lobster

cbuzzetti - 10-8-2009 at 02:57 PM

Thanks for the reply Bajaboy.

can't wait!!

Bajagypsy - 10-8-2009 at 03:03 PM

Bajaboy, we to can't wait to get there at Christmas it has started snowing here today:?:, Glad the fishing was so good for everyone.

big suckers!!!

shari - 10-8-2009 at 04:14 PM

the fish keep getting bigger every day...robert has pulled into the lead with todays fish for biggest YT...and yesterday's biggest tuna which we smoked up today...yumyum.

They got into some really nice yellowtail today off Asuncion Island and after 15 YT and a big tuna in 3 hours, they called it a day....more smoking tomorrow...whew.

Good thing Robert caught this bad boy on Juan's rod that had 80 lb test on it....Juan asked me to remind all of you coming down this fall to PLEASE put 80 lb test on your reels!!

Robert is a huge guy and makes that fish look pretty small!

town is hoppin with fishermen these days much to the delight of the stores, restaurants and beer vendors.

Some fishers took their yellowtail over to gloria at 3 Hermanos and she cooked up a delicious meal for them at her new beachfront restaurant.
Others went to Chemos hotdog/hamburger palapa, while another group was seen gorfing down chile rellenos at Moiras taco stand...lots of great food.

[Edited on 10-8-2009 by shari]

[Edited on 10-8-2009 by shari]

robert steven3-1.jpg - 43kB

woody with a view - 10-8-2009 at 04:59 PM

mmmmm chili rellenos!

i was thinking about respooling with 60#. guess i'll rethink that....