BajaNomad

Kayak fishers amazed in Asuncion!!!

shari - 10-12-2009 at 06:03 PM

Jim who was here last year and fished with Juan brought his buddy Frank down this time while their wives opted for Cabo.

They set up their tents in Campo Sirena and set out with Grmpb this morning on their kayaks to get some calicos near the island. Well while Frank was jigging for calico, he caught a big tuna..nearly 25 lbs and had to throw out his sea anchor parachute to slow him down!!

then he reeled in 2 calico on one lure while Jim hauled in another even bigger tuna in the canal between the island and the point. On his way back to the camp he trolled a rapalla for fun and just outside the pangas moored at the point he saw something jump out of the water then zzzzzzzzing...he hooked a nice dorado...amazing.
If Jim looks wet it's cause his landing didnt go so well...after righting his kayak he stuck his head into the thing to make sure his fish were still there.

they were like a couple a kids...smiling ear to ear.

Juan's fisher dudes limited out on nice yellowtail up by san pablo today and will search for tuna tomorrow.

[Edited on 10-13-2009 by shari]

Bajaboy - 10-12-2009 at 06:25 PM

Love it!

woody with a view - 10-12-2009 at 06:29 PM

DAMN GOOD!

Cypress - 10-12-2009 at 06:30 PM

That's some good fishing!:yes:

eguillermo - 10-12-2009 at 07:00 PM

Bravo! Viva kayak fishing :yes:

toneart - 10-12-2009 at 07:07 PM

I think Jim got wet because he had to vacate the kayak in order to accommodate all those great looking fish. :yes: Not enough room in the Kayak.

Lauriboats - 10-13-2009 at 06:25 AM

Great job fishing, bet it was pretty exciting in a kayak.

shari - 10-13-2009 at 06:47 AM

So last night we had their victory dinner at Juanitas Kitchen where we ate the traditional sopes, menudo and yesterday's yellowtail. The guys were giving a play by play of their kayak fishing spectacular....very entertaining...to top it off, Jim also caught a Sierra...which is very rare in this area. Today they head out to San Pablo for big yellowtail in the panga.

Iflyfish - 10-13-2009 at 07:19 AM

Bet they got a good tow!! Great catch! Saludos!

Iflyfish

BirdDog - 10-13-2009 at 09:45 AM

Awesome. That had to be a blast!

Tomas Tierra - 10-13-2009 at 02:28 PM

so let me get this straight....the yellowfin are within kayak range in Bahia Consumpsion?? Outrageous!!!!

fishbuck - 10-13-2009 at 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomas Tierra
so let me get this straight....the yellowfin are within kayak range in Bahia Consumpsion?? Outrageous!!!!

Ya for sure! Even I will buy a Biosphere band to do that.
Shari do you have a kayak for rent there?;D

Diver - 10-13-2009 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck

For sure ?? A whole 5 bucks ?? WOW ! :wow::lol::lol::lol:

But I thought you were against the whole idea of the Biosphere band ?!?
So much for ideals when it comes to fishing, eh ?? :lol:

fishbuck - 10-13-2009 at 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck

For sure ?? A whole 5 bucks ?? WOW ! :wow::lol::lol::lol:

But I thought you were against the whole idea of the Biosphere band ?!?
So much for ideals when it comes to fishing, eh ?? :lol:

Ya, you caught me.:yes:

BFS - 10-13-2009 at 04:30 PM

ORALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BajaDanD - 10-13-2009 at 05:25 PM

I will be down in less then three weeks with my kayaks. They are fully rigged for ocean fishing. My plan is to catch Tuna from a kayak. Somebody already beat me to it. Right On!!!!!
DAND

TheColoradoDude - 10-13-2009 at 06:35 PM

WoW! Trolling from the Kayak for Dorado, oh my! I need to get outta here!

Udo - 10-13-2009 at 07:32 PM

Shari

I will forget what I said about moving in next to Osprey in favor of a spot in BA!

If you need an additional chef in town, I'm up for it!

Beachgirl - 10-14-2009 at 06:16 AM

What the heck? I want to know how he got all those fish in his kayak...or did he tow a couple behind him? Amazing!!!!!

Timo1 - 10-14-2009 at 06:27 AM

This is almost too much for me to handle
I need to get back to BA

shari - 10-14-2009 at 06:37 AM

BGIRL: Jim put his fish between his legs inside the kayak....that was a 33 lb tuna he caught so he had an extra 50 lbs of weight in that sucker! It was so funny when he flipped over coming in...he was scrambling around trying to right the kayak fast so the fish didnt fall out.

UDO...wanna be the chef at the future Nomad Inn? I'm getting kinda tired of slicing sashimi!

Timo...we miss you man! get yer canuck butt down here pronto!

bill erhardt - 10-14-2009 at 07:32 AM

Shari.......You have put Asuncion on the map like Josh Temple did PV. Yellowfin accessible by kayak! And deploying a sea anchor to slow down a broad shouldered tuna. What a great report! These kayak fisherman make pikers of us who still fish from the comfortable confines of a boat.

shari - 10-14-2009 at 07:51 AM

I'm really enjoying the kayak fishers...they are fun people and low impact on the fishery and contamination.

Udo - 10-14-2009 at 02:35 PM

I think I could do the Nomad Inn, Shari. I do have one long and very sharp sashimi knife.
The key is to cut the slices in one pass. If the chef has to saw to cut the slices, the fish is now bruised. It would really be fun to serve a variety of sauces with it!;D

WE LOVE YOU DAD/GRANDPA

markndi - 10-17-2009 at 08:37 AM

Looks like you are having a GREAT time...We love and miss you...be safe and have FUN!!! Love, Diane, Mark, Grace and Kai!

[Edited on 10-17-2009 by markndi]

shari - 10-17-2009 at 09:30 AM

Markndi...welcome to baja nomads!! Fransisco will be heading home sooner than expected because he misses all of you...and already caught more fish than they can handle and had too much fun and are just plain tuckered out.
They have become a legend in the village and will be missed.