BajaNomad

Camarones el Diablo at the Tiki Cafe

Gypsy Jan - 10-18-2009 at 07:19 PM

Well, that is not really the name, but you can't help but notice the tikis added to exterior.

This "Mexican-family-with-dream" has built a two-story, indigenous yellow brick. free-standing building facing the highway that p goes through Cantamar, just about one half-mile south of the Pemex gas station.

On Thursday evening, we were hungry, and Mr. GJ graciously accepted my suggestion to go and try this whimsical looking place.

Keeping this report short - the dining room and kitchen are kept immaculately clean. The next door tiki carver has provided several fish sculptures to adorn the walls. The cocinera showed us the fresh shrimp in the shell before she went off to do her magic.

The camarones al diablo - ay, yi, yi. I have tried this dish in several restaurants before and have been always disappointed.

This version was so good, we went back for breakfast today and senora made me a camarones omelette, with camarones el diablo additional on the side. Rice, beans, tortillas followed, then fresh salsa Mexicana and hot tortilla chips.

Mr. GJ had huevos rancheros and camarones al diablo, also.

How much for this feast, you ask? (Including coffee and a bottle of water.)

$10.00 US per person.

[Edited on 10-19-2009 by Gypsy Jan]

bajaguy - 10-18-2009 at 07:49 PM

What are their hours????

Open Hours

Gypsy Jan - 10-18-2009 at 08:08 PM

I think that they are mostly open noon-to-dusk (evening), but that is just a guess.