BajaNomad

ARE THESE SPIRITS I CAPTURED AT RANCHO EL METATE SAN JUAN DE DIOS

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-7-2009 at 12:26 PM

On October 25, 2009 I spent the night in the back of my truck with the tailgate and camper shell window open at Rancho El Metate San Juan De Dios in Baja California. At 3:00 AM I am suddenly awaken by something and for some reason had the thought to start taking pictures with my digital camera with flash in the pitch blackness. The following photographs depict the images on my camera. Please note that none of what you see here were visible to the naked eye. After each photograph I reviewed the photograph in the camera and could see what you see here. I have enhanced the photographs with Microsoft Office Picture Manager and only used the mid-tone adjustment slide to enhance them to the point they could be seen on the computer. Also note that as I was taking the pictures I was calling to Grandpa Santiago Espinoza to come over to my truck. The Larger image near my truck occurred when I told him to come closer. Grandpa Santiago was Mama Espinoza’s father-in-law and Heraclio Espinoza’s father. He was one of the biggest Ranchers in Baja California in the old days. I am not saying these things are spirits but they could be.

Timo1 - 11-7-2009 at 12:43 PM

I just watched a documentary about these....I believe they're called orbs
some believe they are indeed souls

JESSE - 11-7-2009 at 01:49 PM

http://www.ghoststudy.com/main/fakepageorbs.html

Barry A. - 11-7-2009 at 02:18 PM

Wow!!!!!!!! They look just like what I constantly see thru my ReStor multi-focus artificial eye-lens. Very spritual, for sure. :lol:
:no:
Barry

vandenberg - 11-7-2009 at 02:29 PM

...or... the stuff that floats around inside you eyeball soup.:biggrin:

And....the only souls waiting for you when you croak are called worms.:P:biggrin:

[Edited on 11-7-2009 by vandenberg]

Barry A. - 11-7-2009 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg

...or... the stuff that floats around inside you eyeball soup.:biggrin:

[Edited on 11-7-2009 by vandenberg]

-------yes, that too!!!

No "worms" for me, tho-------I go out in a blaze of glory (cremation)

:spingrin:

Barry

capt. mike - 11-7-2009 at 02:42 PM

saw the same thing on some family reunion pix my sis took.

this is Art Bell territory for sure.

TheColoradoDude - 11-7-2009 at 02:45 PM

I miss Art Bell. I think he might guest on coast to coast but not sure.

Just after Hurricane John

Sharksbaja - 11-7-2009 at 03:08 PM

I snapped these in Mulege at dusk with no flash. You tell me....didn't see them until viewing pics later....:wow:

cropped:

Mexitron - 11-7-2009 at 04:26 PM

Love that area around R. El Metate--even slept in the old ranch house when it was abandonado.....the "spirits" we experienced were hungry little mice tap-tapping across the floor all night...but hey, its a big universe and it might have some room for some orb-ic ghosts!

Happens all the time...

Mexray - 11-7-2009 at 04:49 PM

...Sorry, I believe it's dust particles that get reflected with the intensity of the flash - I get em' all the time with my small, point and shoot Nikon camera...not really all the creepy...:P

Barry A. - 11-7-2009 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexray
...Sorry, I believe it's dust particles that get reflected with the intensity of the flash - I get em' all the time with my small, point and shoot Nikon camera...not really all the creepy...:P

Snort!!!!! "Dust particles", indeed!!!! I know "dust particles", and those ain't no dust particles!! They are obviously UFO's of the spritual kind, and should not be messed with. In fact we really should not be even be discussing them----------watch out.

Cameras "see" things that we mortals just don't see--------

Jeeeeeezo, I am out of here!! (love that word----Jeeeeeeeezo)

Barry

nanaimoite - 11-7-2009 at 05:19 PM

I personally think Sharksbaja and La Baja are on the right track. I had the same thing happen to me on Vancouver Island. Having no explaination but possessing a curious mind I took them to a Professor at the university. HE said he was not of a spiritual mind but did believe them too to be of spirit.

Bajahowodd - 11-7-2009 at 05:20 PM

It boils down to one's belief system. Religion is founded in belief instead of fact. During the history of man, science has grown and evolved. Science has developed numerous factual truths over centuries. In that same time, people continued to embrace the unknowable, i.e. religious faith. I'll stop here. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. That is especially so in a nation such as the USA that operates on the concept of separation of Church and state. Just imagine living somewhere that would force any belief system on you.

Mexicorn - 11-7-2009 at 06:51 PM

I also have seen the same orbs when ever I pull out a dollar bill at the Paris Club in Ensenada.
Also these disembodied orbs have been sighted at Anthonys in Ensenada clinging to a pole.

[Edited on 11-8-2009 by Mexicorn]

noproblemo2 - 11-7-2009 at 07:39 PM

Time to call the Ghost Whisperer:biggrin:

BajaNuts - 11-7-2009 at 08:46 PM

or Ghost Hunters/TAPS

I bet they'd love a trip to sunny Baja in January~

noproblemo2 - 11-7-2009 at 09:03 PM

Jennifer Love-Hewitt, where are you?????

Sharksbaja - 11-8-2009 at 12:56 AM

Laugh you may but it was very eerie there during that time. If you look at the orbs in my photos you will notice that some seem to be moving upward while others seem to have little motion or none at all. I don't think dust behaves like that.

You're right, what was I thinking...

Mexray - 11-8-2009 at 01:07 AM

...dust, particles, my a$$, those must be timeless energy surges that have escaped from all the uncovered, unused AC receptacles in our homes and business'...there must be untold millions of em' releasing these 'orbs' of energy every waking hour...

Grandma used to make sure all her AC receptacles had plugs or dummy plugs in them to prevent the electricity from 'leaking' out and being wasted... :lol:

Sharksbaja - 11-8-2009 at 01:15 AM

Right about what? I can't even conjecture what these anomolies are.

Just I've taken thousands of photos and a few with obvious oddball "stuff" in the mix but never had this kind of "stuff" before.

Does that make it spiritual? That is up to tyou, the viewer.:smug:

LOSARIPES - 11-8-2009 at 03:31 AM

I've taken pics of fully charged batteries. Nothing
I've taken pics of hot electric wires in the dark. Nothing
I have observed them as well. Nothing
So why is it that when anything happens, which does not have a clear, obvious explanation we conclude it is UFO/Spirits?
I'd think that even suggesting the presence of those "entities" would require a serious analysis rather than the total absence of it.
I guess it all is just what you want to beLIEve...

In the past, humans created gods for everything: Sun, fire, wind, crops, etc. and worshiped them for special favors and benevolence. As people learned their nature, the myths were dispelled. We still keep a few of those and it seems science will not be able to defeat them. People kill people in their names.

Spirits on those pictures? Maybe but I would be inclined to blame it on something some earthly physical like dust...?? moist?.... mosquito poop? don't know.. do you?

Pompano - 11-8-2009 at 04:48 AM

ahem....

Lens cleaning kit.jpg - 9kB

mulegemichael - 11-8-2009 at 06:42 AM

i agree with pomp...no doubt...

HaciendaCerritos - 11-8-2009 at 06:44 AM

I have seen these many times through my digital camera once I put them on my computer. I have wondered the same thing - what ARE they? I have read a lot about them - spiritual and otherwise.

Do this: Go outside, kick up a bunch of dust and take a picture with your digital camera - you'll see a whole lot of them. Some are orangish, some are white and some are light brown - why? who knows. One video I watched about crop circles shows a guy with a camera taking a video of a white dot rapidly moving about - reminds me of the photo above where they appear to be in motion.

It is all very interesting. I have seen pictures where someone told a group to imagine a smiley face in their mind and then the person took a picture and one of the orbs actually had a smiley face on it! Very curious! I still have no answer but they are actually quite beautiful if you get one that is large and put the picture on your computer. Most amazing.

WHAT I DID NOT TELL YOU WAS

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-8-2009 at 08:32 AM

That earlier before dark three of us, Sany his wife Lili and I were inside the house having coffee when I decided to record us on a digital recorder calling to Grandpa Santiago to come visit us. After Sany and I asked Grandpa Santiago to come visit us I left the recorder on without further talking. When I played it back a few minutes later, and shortly after hearing us calling to Grandpa Santiago another distinct gruff voice could be heard saying “Mas Noche” (Later tonight). It actually unnerved us to hear something like that which was unexpected.

Now I do not know what those orbs represent nor do I understand why that voice could be heard on the digital recording but it does leave food for thought.

I unfortunately erased the recording in error while playing it again and again to confirm what we heard. I do have the two witnesses who can confirm the voice.

I have included photos of the inside of the house where we were seated and of some Indian drawings which include a UFO.

[Edited on 11-8-2009 by ELINVESTI8]

here's a "spooky shot"

Dianamo - 11-8-2009 at 08:38 AM

I am by no stretch of the imagination a photographer!
This was taken in the summer of 2007 in El Cardonal. This could not be seen on the camera screen, but showed up when I printed the photos. It was taken with simple digital....now, if I can just get the photo uploaded...:?::?::?::?::?:

[Edited on 11-8-2009 by Dianamo]

Spooky shot 25%.JPG - 31kB

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-8-2009 at 08:52 AM

Dianamo That is a great shot.:o

David K - 11-8-2009 at 10:20 AM

Great petroglyhs David! Are those near El Metate? Thanks!

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-8-2009 at 10:30 AM

Hi David K. Yes they are on the west side of the road going north from Rancho El Metate on a side road to the left. I failed to record the coordinates though. You may already know where they are. Sany showed me the way.

David K - 11-8-2009 at 10:37 AM

Have you been on the new road that goes on east from El Metate and then turns south to Hwy. 1 at El Aguila/ Guayaquil? I imagine Sony built it... he likes making roads... I saw another road that goes north from San Juan de Dios/ El Sauce de Carter all the way to the foot of Matomi Mountain!

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-8-2009 at 10:43 AM

Hi David I was on a very good road in the area but do not know if it's the one you are talking about. I saw some new barbed wire fence around a ranch property which I had not seen before which is way north of El Metate.

David K - 11-8-2009 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTI8
Hi David I was on a very good road in the area but do not know if it's the one you are talking about. I saw some new barbed wire fence around a ranch property which I had not seen before which is way north of El Metate.

Thanks... the road used to end at El Metate. Now, a road has been built that continues east along the San Juan de Dios riverbed, then climbs up the ridge, continues east for maybe 12 miles from El Metate, then turns sharp south for about 7 miles where it joins with a mine road (that goes nearly 20 miles towards Puertecitos) and heads southwest to Hwy. 1 at El Aguila.

All can be seen on Google Earth...

capt. mike - 11-8-2009 at 11:19 AM

rods........

SteveD - 11-8-2009 at 12:12 PM

I've seen these spots when taking a nighttime pictures with my digital camera. The flash goes off but there is nothing close by to light up so very little light enters the lens. The camera amplifies stray light creating the spots. Try turning off the flash if there is not a close subject to photograph.

shari - 11-8-2009 at 06:20 PM

I dunno Steve...I took this photo at the Burro BBQ and the orbs were in this one, a few seconds later I took another one in the same place and the orbs had split the scene...splain that??

vandenberg - 11-8-2009 at 06:29 PM

The ghosts/spirits were not into burro.:?::?::biggrin:

GHOST SEX

woody with a view - 11-10-2009 at 07:08 AM

A professor at the University of Alabama was giving a lecture on the supernatural.

To get a feel for his audience, he asks, 'How many people here believe in ghosts?'

About 90 students raise their hands.

Well, that's a good start. Out of those who believe in ghosts, do any of you think you have seen a ghost?'

About 40 students raise their hands.

That's really good. I'm really glad you take this seriously. Has anyone here ever talked to a ghost?'

About 15 students raise their hand.

Has anyone here ever touched a ghost?'

Three students raise their hands.

That's fantastic. Now let me ask you one question further....Have any of you ever made love to a ghost?'

Way in the back, Bubba raises his hand.

The professor takes off his glasses, and says 'Son, all the years I've been giving this lecture, no one has ever claimed to have made love to a ghost.

You've got to come up here and tell us about your experience.'

The big redneck student replied with a nod and a grin, and began to make his way up to the podium.

When he reached the front of the room, the professor asks, 'So, Bubba, tell us what it's like to have sixx with a ghost?'

Bubba replied, " Sh!t, from way back there I thought you said Goats."

:lol:

Question for photographers

Dianamo - 11-10-2009 at 07:36 AM

Does anyone have any idea how I could have captured this on a digital camera?

Spooky shot 25%.JPG - 31kB

Questionable Photograph

Pompano - 11-11-2009 at 06:45 AM

This photo was just taken Friday in Mulege at the water store downtown.

Note my unmarked black T-shirt.

1 minute later...note my t-shirt.The orb on my chest is NOT slobber from carnitas at Antonio's, nor a really bad quicky tie-dye job, but what is it?? The Rapture? I do feel rather calm these days...but that might be the ritalin.

Of course, it could be that, as in SO many of these cases.. that...the wheel of love had left its tread marks in my chest once too often, like a knobby mud tire on a monster truck, or like a really big ponce wheel, the kind that tailors use to punch little holes in patterns and that would leave lots of nasty little welts if you were to run it up and down your arm. Well, it could be, right? Right?

David K - 11-11-2009 at 06:47 AM

That's right, Roger... When the time comes, can we join you on the Mother Ship?:biggrin:

Skipjack Joe - 11-11-2009 at 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
When he reached the front of the room, the professor asks, 'So, Bubba, tell us what it's like to have sixx with a ghost?'

Bubba replied, " Sh!t, from way back there I thought you said Goats."

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

shari - 11-11-2009 at 09:12 AM

hey...cool orb Pomp...and in the daytime even!! verrrrrrrrry interesting....nice to know the force is with you amigo.

Dianamo...do you know that spooky girl in the picture?????

Not sure!

Dianamo - 11-11-2009 at 09:45 AM

There was only me and one other woman on the trip. I was taking photos. It could be the other woman, although the features are not clear enough to determine exactly. BUT, I know she wasn't floating around in a transparent head!

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-11-2009 at 02:09 PM

Hey Roger you either have a guardian angel following you around or it could be the reflection of the sun located to your left rear side as some of its light comes through the lens.

On another note with respect to the orb pictures I submitted. I can tell everyone this. For years I literally took thousands of crime scene pictures in all kinds of weather both day and night and have never had any photographs come out with orbs as the ones I have submitted here. I have seen pictures taken with dirty lenses and some with light anomalies but I have never seen anything like the ones I took at Rancho El Metate. I am not saying they are spirits just that they could be. I guess it comes down to your belief system and whether you believe there is an afterlife or not.

Woooosh - 2-22-2010 at 03:21 PM

We had a ghost in our house when we first built it. I woke up for no reason to see an old man standing at the end of the bed and then he walked out of the bedroom. I got out of bed and followed him. I asked twice if I could help him- English and Spanish. The he was gone.

I asked a neighbor if anything bad had happened on the lot before we built and he said an old man was found dead there a year or so ago. Apparently these spirits get trapped indoors and need helping finding their way out.

We hadn't had the new house blessed yet, so the priest came and went room to room sprinkling holy water. When he got the the main living area- the power flashed and the TV turned off when he sprinkled the holy water. I thought maybe he was unlucky enough to get water in an outlet or something (my stupid logical approach) that caused a circuit breaker to pop. Once the priest left the room- it all came back on. Never saw the ghost again- he's free now I guess..

The Wooshdashians

Sharksbaja - 2-22-2010 at 03:32 PM

Would be a great tv reality show. Crews could follow you around in your everyday life and you could cash in on it!

Very entertaining!

:bounce:

btw, we had one as well. My mom let it free, or rather kicked it out one night 20 years ago.:smug:

ELINVESTIG8R - 2-22-2010 at 03:35 PM

I think I am becoming a believer. When I go back to the ranch and if I can call that same entity with the eye I will know it’s a spirit and any doubt I may have had will be removed.

well this is my story

desertcpl - 2-22-2010 at 08:03 PM

first we live in yuma, or should say a little east our house borders the desert and BLM land,,
about 15 years ago,, me and the wife was watching TV, maybe about 9pm,,
In comes a Orb thru our back door from the desert, was up and moving around going fast and maybe for about 1 min, but we also heard screaming ( get me out) this was more than once many times, me and the wife didnt say anything until it was gone,, we both saw the same thing and heard the same thing???

ELINVESTIG8R - 2-22-2010 at 08:28 PM

That's a cool story. Now if only Tata Santiago will say hi or something next time I go! That would be real cool. I'm not afraid to spend the night by myself out there. Maybe it would be better if I went alone. We'll see.

desertcpl - 2-22-2010 at 08:38 PM

it might be better to go alone

ELINVESTIG8R - 6-12-2010 at 05:25 PM

A spirit I captured in May 2010 at 4:00 AM at Rancho El Metate in San juan de Dios from the back of my camper shell. I have more for later.

wessongroup - 6-12-2010 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
Hey Roger you either have a guardian angel following you around or it could be the reflection of the sun located to your left rear side as some of its light comes through the lens.

On another note with respect to the orb pictures I submitted. I can tell everyone this. For years I literally took thousands of crime scene pictures in all kinds of weather both day and night and have never had any photographs come out with orbs as the ones I have submitted here. I have seen pictures taken with dirty lenses and some with light anomalies but I have never seen anything like the ones I took at Rancho El Metate. I am not saying they are spirits just that they could be. I guess it comes down to your belief system and whether you believe there is an afterlife or not.

Spoken like a well trained observer/investigator .... just the facts

ELINVESTIG8R - 6-13-2010 at 02:14 PM

This is a close-up of the object.

ELINVESTIG8R - 6-13-2010 at 02:27 PM

This is the orb that I photographed in October 2009 at Rancho el Metate San Juan De Dios.

This is the orb I photographed in May 2010 at Rancho el Metate San Juan De Dios.

Notice the similarities?

wessongroup - 6-13-2010 at 02:57 PM

Interesting ... and there appear some areas of similarity found in comparison of photos of petroglyphs take in immediate area... would appear others may have seen something along these lines ... too :):)

David K - 6-13-2010 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
This is a close-up of the object.

An owl in flight looking towards you... almost as clear as day, to me!

ELINVESTIG8R - 6-13-2010 at 05:34 PM

EL METATE MAY 2010

EL METATE OCTOBER 2009

EL METATE MAY 2010

Notice the similarities?

Mexicorn - 6-13-2010 at 08:47 PM

Scary and it's not even October yet!

David K - 6-13-2010 at 09:59 PM

Isn't there a professional photographer that can explain the orbs as simply being dust particles in the air or water vapor, lit up by the camera flash? Poor David M is scaring himself to death here.

SPIRITS OF EL METATE MARCH 2011

ELINVESTIG8R - 3-22-2011 at 06:15 PM