Good CC Boat for Sale -- "S O L D"

Santiago - 11-17-2009 at 07:58 AM

Any idea how many hours on the engine?

BOAT IS NOT SOLD, BUT IS OFF THE MARKET AT THIS TIME

Pompano - 11-17-2009 at 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Any idea how many hours on the engine?

Santiago, I can't say for certain, but appears to be not that many. It runs strong and even. I don't think it has been used much in the last couple of years, but will try to find out an approximate hour time.

I would guess it higher than I was first thinking to be safe..say 400. It's gotta be one of the best buys available in Baja Sur at the moment.

Here's a photo of the type of hydrofoil fin on the motor. Trims it nicely for best fuel economy.

[Edited on 12-15-2009 by Pompano]

Crusoe - 11-17-2009 at 03:01 PM

That is a give away price. You could tow that boat to Washington Sate and very easily double your money!!! ++C++

capt. mike - 11-17-2009 at 03:49 PM

needs a T top but would a bimini fit it?
just need one and the frame's mounting hardware, right? that could fit in my plane disassembled i think.
that is the high prressure fuel injection too right? better mileage than older 2 strokes? Ficht?

Roger can you keep a cover on it while you're storing it for me??:tumble::cool:

mulegejim - 11-17-2009 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
needs a T top but would a bimini fit it?
just need one and the frame's mounting hardware, right? that could fit in my plane disassembled i think.
that is the high prressure fuel injection too right? better mileage than older 2 strokes? Ficht?

Roger can you keep a cover on it while you're storing it for me??:tumble::cool:

I believe that the Ficht was used with Johnson motors not Mercury.

Hook - 11-17-2009 at 06:42 PM

Thats not an injected motor. Carbed, I'm pretty sure. You dont want any injected motors from that era.

Now wait just a minute...

Mexray - 11-17-2009 at 11:20 PM

Roger...Everyone knows that a fishin' boat has a finite number of 'fish kills' in it's lifespan, causing me to speculate on why you are giving up the 'ship...

With the huge number of 'kills' rumored by this machine, the remaining 'takes' by a new Skipper may surely be limited!

With these facts in evidence, your Honor, I suspect the asking price might be somewhat inflated, and in fact, a new prospective owner may need to be 'paid' to haul it away...text me, I'll keep my asking price modest...what size hitch ball do I need to weld on the back of my Vespa? :spingrin:

Ray

BTW, would that be a 'Trophy Wife' in your first photo?

[Edited on 11-18-2009 by Mexray]

TheColoradoDude - 11-18-2009 at 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexray
Roger...Everyone knows that a fishin' boat has a finite number of 'fish kills' in it's lifespan, causing me to speculate on why you are giving up the 'ship...

With the huge number of 'kills' rumored by this machine, the remaining 'takes' by a new Skipper may surely be limited!

With these facts in evidence, your Honor, I suspect the asking price might be somewhat inflated, and in fact, a new prospective owner may need to be 'paid' to haul it away...text me, I'll keep my asking price modest...what size hitch ball do I need to weld on the back of my Vespa? :spingrin:

Ray

BTW, would that be a 'Trophy Wife' in your first photo?

[Edited on 11-18-2009 by Mexray]

Is that all sarcasm or are you saying that a Nomad would be trying to stick it to another nomad?

Roger...

Mexray - 11-18-2009 at 11:55 AM

...that's indeed a fine fishin' machine...and sounds like a good deal for someone who wants to wet a line or two...my attempt at a little 'humor' on the subject may have gone awry in some other's eyes...

I enjoyed your trip pics around Concepcion...ah, memories...regards,
Ray

BOAT IS NOTSOLD, BUT IS OFF THE MARKET AT THIS TIME

Pompano - 11-18-2009 at 11:58 AM

Ray...both you and I know better. Don't sweat the small stuff, amigo, I know you're a good guy.

Stop by anytime for a cold one.

Crusoe - 11-18-2009 at 06:36 PM

Hey Rog......Those are great boats. If the trailer is as good as it looks, someone is going to be getting a Really good deal. Average price here in Puget Sound, even in a down economy, would be right around 20k.....Oh Boats. ++C++;);)

TheColoradoDude - 11-20-2009 at 09:57 PM

Anybody install T-Tops (Towers in La Paz/Cabo/Mulege?

BOAT IS NOT SOLD, BUT IS OFF THE MARKET AT THIS TIME.

Pompano - 11-22-2009 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TheColoradoDude
Anybody install T-Tops (Towers in La Paz/Cabo/Mulege?

If you are comfortable with hand tools, it is quite easy to install one of the 'trampoline-top' towers yourself. A good example is one from Atlantic Towers..runs about $1200 USD.

77" X 56" T-top with legs and frame fabricated from 1 1/2" schedule 40 (2" O.D.) pipe for a strong, light weight (about 75 lbs) T-top that can be custom fitted to consoles up to 55". Finished in bright "chrome-like" anodized finish which is salt-water resistant. Choice of 4 fabric colors for the Traditional "trampoline" style lace in top at no additional charge. Optional antenna plates, electronics box brackets, and Atlantic's "Adjust-O-Launcher" rod holders in gold or clear anodizing are available

• High Strength welded frame of schedule 40 marine grade aluminum pipe, finished in durable salt resistant bright clear anodizing.

• Fully adjustable legs fit console widths of up to 55”, offset base pads allow legs to fit tightly to sides of console.
• 58” x 77 1/2” “Trampoline” style sunshade comfortably covers the console area of most boats 16’ to 25’ Light weight (approx. 70 lbs) will not upset the stability of even small center console boats.

You can also order just the radar and fishing arches by themselves.

If you want it installed by others in Baja, there are a few places in Loreto, La Paz, San Jose, or Cabo where one could get it done. Not hard at all, just needs a tool guy. Maybe even build you a custom tower. A new outfit in La Paz you could check with is Baja Boat Builders. Sorry, don't have a number, as I'vejust heard about them building custom boats.

Here's what that fabric-top would look like installed..

Thanks for all the inquiries.

DENNIS - 11-22-2009 at 07:07 PM

Congrats, Roger. It pays to advertise.

BOAT IS NOT SOLD, BUT IS OFF THE MARKET AT THIS TIME.

Pompano - 11-22-2009 at 07:55 PM

You betcha, Dennis.

In this case it's paying me 9 cents profit. Good enough. :rolleyes:

capt. mike - 11-23-2009 at 09:44 AM

dang!!!
snooze....lose.....

TheColoradoDude - 12-14-2009 at 05:59 PM

Thanks again! :)