BajaNomad

what's going on at the 1000 today?

capt. mike - 11-18-2009 at 08:01 AM

anyone in Ensenada?

David K - 11-18-2009 at 08:10 AM

Early registration starts at 1 pm today.
Tomorrow is main Registration day and Friday the race starts. The race runs into Saturday... They have 31 hours from their starting time to finish the 673 mile course... Ensenada to Ensenada with Arroyo Matomi (10 miles north of Puertecitos) being the furthest point south.

For all the details of this years Baja 1000: http://race-dezert.com/home/score-baja-1000-fact-sheet-11-15...

[Edited on 11-18-2009 by David K]

bajaguy - 11-18-2009 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
anyone in Ensenada?

Mike.....picked this up from Sundog's site:

Starting at 6:30 a.m. PST on Friday, Nov. 20, fans can log onto www.bfgoodrichtires.com and connect to a portal to follow their favorite drivers as they conquer the grueling race course during the 42nd annual SCORE Baja 1000.

The site will feature a live tracking page that will show the actual location of all vehicles equipped with IRC tracking systems. The information on each vehicle will update at two-minute intervals throughout the race.

Oggie - 11-18-2009 at 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
anyone in Ensenada?

Mike.....picked this up from Sundog's site:

Starting at 6:30 a.m. PST on Friday, Nov. 20, fans can log onto www.bfgoodrichtires.com and connect to a portal to follow their favorite drivers as they conquer the grueling race course during the 42nd annual SCORE Baja 1000.

The site will feature a live tracking page that will show the actual location of all vehicles equipped with IRC tracking systems. The information on each vehicle will update at two-minute intervals throughout the race.

Very Cool:tumble:

wessongroup - 11-19-2009 at 04:29 PM

Man are you guys good... always excellent source materials simply stated.. thanks:):)

Sharksbaja - 11-19-2009 at 04:37 PM

I wonder how many will lose time/position by cheating? Much fewer than last year I'll bet now that it's a publicly viewed affair. I like the idea.

lizard lips - 11-19-2009 at 05:35 PM

For those of you coming to Ensenada during the 1000 weekend take 10th. street to enter town. Downtown is a mess. I drove to San Diego this morning and the main blvd. is terrible. It took an hour to go from my home in Valle Dorado (close to Costco) through the first military check point at the toll gate in San Miguel. If you are going north on Sunday or Monday from Ensenada expect a very long wait at the first toll gate because of the check point. It will be backed up...... I'm leaving for Cabo tomorrow so it will be nice to get out of town!

David K - 11-19-2009 at 06:21 PM

Use the free road north from Ensenada... It is a breeze of a beautiful drive, no military checkpoint wait!

DENNIS - 11-19-2009 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
I wonder how many will lose time/position by cheating?

What??? Rosie Ruíz is in the race?
I'm shocked.