Pompano - 11-28-2009 at 08:15 PM

El Rosario - Nov 2, 2009

AT THE TIME OF THE KILLING

NOW

".....making music with my friends, I can't wait to get on the road again."

ELINVESTIG8R - 11-28-2009 at 08:19 PM

God I love that town!

Udo - 11-28-2009 at 08:50 PM

The foto of Mama Espinoza's is priceless!

Paula - 11-28-2009 at 08:58 PM

Wow! That sure does look like El Rosario!

fixtrauma - 11-28-2009 at 10:06 PM

A windmill in any photo makes it good! You know which one is my favorite. Driving to La Paz in a few weeks. Will watch for the windmill. :saint:

David K - 11-29-2009 at 11:03 AM

Your photo shows that Primo changed the name of his restuarant from 'La Biocana Beach' to 'Sinahi', to match the motel's name...since he bought the motel a couple years ago.

Thanks Roger!

I Kinda Liked The Old Name

Bajahowodd - 11-29-2009 at 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Your photo shows that Primo changed the name of his restuarant from 'La Biocana Beach' to 'Sinahi', to match the motel's name...since he bought the motel a couple years ago.

Thanks Roger!

I noticed that, too. While I thought the old name was kinda cute, I guess he finally realized his property wasn't on a beach.

wessongroup - 11-29-2009 at 03:46 PM

Like the photo tour from up north all the way down.. and I did see those two dogs somewhere else in your pic's .. thought you left them in a rest area :lol::lol:

My Kinda Town

Fred-o - 11-29-2009 at 03:59 PM

Thanks you Roger for your wonderful El Rosario photo trip.

I'll be at the Baja Cactus Tues & Weds this week, just doing the local scene. I Love the place. Oh Oh, after your report I'd better make a reservation...NOW!

Bajahowodd - 11-29-2009 at 04:21 PM

Driving Northbound from way down South, El Rosario certainly appears as an oasis in the desert. It represents a return to civilization. However, when traveling S/B, not so much.

David K - 11-29-2009 at 06:47 PM

Being 5-6 hourd drive from the border, and nothing else out there for another 76 miles... El Rosario can be a perfect southbound stop if you want a choice of places to stay or eat and be on the EDGE of the central Baja wilderness!

There is also loads to see and do in and around El Rosario, making it a quality destination or stayover location, as well!

Here are the links to photos and data on them on this link: http://vivabaja.com/tours/

El Rosario Area

Missions, Museum, La Bocana, La Lobera

Cactus Garden and Sauzalito mine ruins

Petrified Forest & La Bocana Beach

El Camino Real near Km. 80

Las Pintas Fossil Grotto

Los Martires to El Socorro, cactus forests, petroglyphs found!

Mision San Fernando and petros '05

Mina de San Fernando (plus mission and petros in '00)

El Marmol & El Volcan

Agua Dulce historic spring (plus Baja Cactus Motel)

Mama Espinoza Museum & Search for Santa Ursula

To Punta Baja and down the coast road

[Edited on 3-1-2012 by David K]