BajaNomad

Rehab the Building and Create a Great Restaurant

Gypsy Jan - 11-29-2009 at 07:08 PM

They do this in Europe all the time.

The location and view can't be beat, and the new operator can stock up on great fresh ingredients and wines from Ensenada.

Of course, it is easy for me to offer free business advice on the internet.

JESSE - 11-29-2009 at 07:11 PM

:?:

DENNIS - 11-29-2009 at 07:15 PM

Jan....give us a clue. Can we buy a vowel?

Bajahowodd - 11-29-2009 at 07:16 PM

Me too.

vandenberg - 11-29-2009 at 07:16 PM

I think I've eaten there.:P:P:biggrin::biggrin:

DENNIS - 11-29-2009 at 07:20 PM

OK....I'm bettin she's talking about La Mision. Shall we carry on without her? :O

Earth to Jan

The Gull - 11-29-2009 at 07:23 PM

noproblemo2 - 11-29-2009 at 07:24 PM

:?:

noproblemo2 - 11-29-2009 at 07:26 PM

Jan, it's a ways til April 1st!!!!

BajaGringo - 11-29-2009 at 09:06 PM

Maybe this is like one of those times that you accidentally press the call button on your cell phone. The last person you called is dialed and listens in on whatever you are talking about within earshot of your cell phone.

Jan, you're using up your cell minutes...

:lol:

Oh Cr--, Sorry, Didn't Mean to Be Cryptic

Gypsy Jan - 11-29-2009 at 09:30 PM

I was trying to reply to the former comment about the imminent shut down of the La Mision Hotel restaurant, very close to La Fonda in Ensenada, Baja California.

Full Disclosure - Partial Blindness and ADD

Gypsy Jan - 11-29-2009 at 09:34 PM

Make up one hell of a witches' brew.

But, all of you are invited over for dinner, anyway. :o :O

This is an Example of What I am Trying to Talk About

Gypsy Jan - 11-29-2009 at 10:09 PM

"There is a movement (for lack of a better term) in gastronomy towards a cuisine that is, above all, natural, but also generally fiercely local, seasonal and with a focus on superior ingredients. It is a style that was enabled by institutions such as Bras, l’Arpège and Mugaritz and is now embodied by the likes of Ubuntu, Mirazur and noma. These ‘New Naturals’ are unique restaurants offering a special insight into the terroir they occupy."

This is from a article about the new cuisine movement in Denmark.

BajaNuts - 11-29-2009 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
Make up one hell of a witches' brew.

But, all of you are invited over for dinner, anyway. :o :O

GJ-I'll supply the Ghost Fire hot sauce for your witches' brew...;)

looking forward to hearing ....THE REST OF THE STORY!

Quick! 10 points! What's that line from?!?!?

ps- the restof the story is above, cross-posted:spingrin:

[Edited on 11-30-2009 by BajaNuts]

paul r - 11-29-2009 at 11:40 PM

jan is this your dream, or comment, or ??..., we've got the "new dymitri's", the "new la fonda", the "new cielo", " the new ?" ( over the old pharmaicy), "the new natural jans"... geez, david won't know where to eat!?...

The Gull - 11-30-2009 at 07:11 AM

Quote:
"There is a movement (for lack of a better term) in gastronomy towards a cuisine that is, above all, natural, but also generally fiercely local, seasonal and with a focus on superior ingredients. It is a style that was enabled by institutions such as Bras, l’Arpège and Mugaritz and is now embodied by the likes of Ubuntu, Mirazur and noma. These ‘New Naturals’ are unique restaurants offering a special insight into the terroir they occupy."

This is from a article about the new cuisine movement in Denmark.

Earth to Denmark :?::?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

noproblemo2 - 11-30-2009 at 07:35 AM

Quote:

Think I'll stay with the Tacos, Chili Rellenos, Tamales & Enchiladas. All with more "generally fiercely local, seasonal and with a focus on superior ingredients".:yes::yes:

Oh You Merciless Mocking Nomads

Gypsy Jan - 11-30-2009 at 12:00 PM

That's OK, I am just here to provide some comic relief for you, lifting the burden from your backs - the task of coming up with more weighty Woods witticisms.

As the old saying goes, "If you can t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." :biggrin:

wessongroup - 11-30-2009 at 12:17 PM

Have a friend that opened a Mexican restaurant in Odense, Denmark in 1971.

Bob and his wife Sus, have done extremely well with the "Mexican" cuisine with the locals.

The only thing they complain about is the "tax" structure in Denmark.. seems like it was up to like 80%

Plus, they are inspected just about daily, by government officials trying and catch any off the record "cash" transactions, and to check the busy boys and dishwashers and waiters for "green cards"

For him, Tacos, Chili Rellenos, Tamales & Enchiladas, beans and rice and a couple of my wife's recipes have done him quite well and he says business is just booming...

Danish food can become a bit old after a while, along with grey skies ....

Bright colors of the decorations, and the food's colors too... just add a festive touch to a eating in a Mexican
restaurant no matter where it is.. :):)

wessongroup - 11-30-2009 at 12:17 PM

[Edited on 11-30-2009 by wessongroup]