BajaNomad

off to puertocitos

doradodan - 11-30-2009 at 06:20 PM

how far is the new pavement, i am in a 2wd normal profile vehicle. want to get as close to huerfinito or bufeo as i can.

BajaWarrior - 11-30-2009 at 06:24 PM

10 miles newly paved, construction all the way to Huerfanito, saw a lady driving it in a Buick, just take it slow.

David K - 11-30-2009 at 06:28 PM

Last report that road crews have the new roadbed to Huerfanito (through all the 'sisters' or grades)... and as Warrior posted, asphalt is at least 10 miles south of Puertecitos. Please take a mileage at the Puertecitos jcn. and report back the end of pavement you find.

doradodan - 11-30-2009 at 06:30 PM

so i could probably make it to huerfanito without to much washboard or punctured tires. is cowpatty open? going tomorrow

MICK - 11-30-2009 at 08:02 PM

went last weekend. the pavment is 11 miles past the turnoff to puertocitos. then there is three miles of construction. going down we had to take some of the old roads and coming back they had us drive on the new graded road where they are working. there are no signs and was a little hard to figure out where to go. the road to the end of the construction was good after that the road to gonzaga was as bad as I have seen it. you just have to go slow
have fun
Mick

Baja&Back - 11-30-2009 at 10:54 PM

DoradoDan: We're driving down to end of construction tomorrow also. Keep watch for a silver Dodge Ram PU with "Baja and Back RV Tour" signs. Stop for a brew!