BajaNomad

Los Cerritos fishing report

monoloco - 12-5-2009 at 01:47 PM

Took the tin boat out today and caught 4 bull dorado and 3 females. Kept the 4 bulls and released the females. We were back on the beach by 10am. It was kind of tricky coming in with 20-30 surfers in the water and 6-7 foot sets.

pacside - 12-5-2009 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Took the tin boat out today and caught 4 bull dorado and 3 females. Kept the 4 bulls and released the females. We were back on the beach by 10am. It was kind of tricky coming in with 20-30 surfers in the water and 6-7 foot sets.

Good day fishing I'd say. Why not come in just south of surfers to make it easier? Don't the surfers pretty much stay close to the rocks?

monoloco - 12-5-2009 at 02:07 PM

There is less shore pound next to the point.

[Edited on 12-5-2009 by monoloco]

pacside - 12-5-2009 at 02:11 PM

That's what I thought...thanks.
pacside

woody with a view - 12-5-2009 at 03:37 PM

watchale' for the big sets this week!!!!!

monoloco - 12-5-2009 at 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
watchale' for the big sets this week!!!!!
Yeah, I have the feeling that I won't be going out again for a few days, there were some pretty big ones already today. It was kind of funny though, when we were off shore there was a negligible ground swell, but when we got a few hundred meters from the beach it was fairly large.

BFS - 12-6-2009 at 12:01 PM

Hey Monoloco,
ive seen a smallish aluminum boat cruise by the lineup (north of cerritos) the last few days. I think it has yellow on it somewhere. It looks very well equipped so I assumed it to be a gringo rig. Is that you?
I cant believe you launch through that rip at Cerritos! Thats crazy cabron, I have a hard enough time doing it on my kayak. And the waves are big at the moment. Sheesh. I gotta learn how to do that.
Hey how about some tow ins next week? My biggest board is a 7'6" and that doesnt look like its going to cut it from the look of the swell predictions. Not to mention the rumour mill......people are waxing up 10 foot boards around here....
Aq

monoloco - 12-6-2009 at 12:28 PM

I don't know , could have been me. If it's big enough for tow in surfing you can bet that I won't be launching at Cerritos.