BajaNomad

Baja 1000 television coverage this Saturday

Curt63 - 12-15-2009 at 08:49 AM

2009 SCORE Baja 1000 airing on NBC this Saturday the 19th

42nd Tecate SCORE BAJA 1000, the Granddaddy of all desert races

To air Saturday at 11 a.m. (PST) on NBC’S Word of Adventure Sports

TMW - 12-15-2009 at 07:36 PM

I'll be in front of the TV with chips and drink. Oh, I'll record it too.

David K - 12-16-2009 at 08:21 AM

11 am Saturday... okay!

David K - 12-19-2009 at 11:02 AM

That's an hour from now!

Udo - 12-19-2009 at 11:21 AM

NBC does not show the Baja 1000 as programmed for this time slot. When I do a search for the 1000, old Bajas are showing up.
I'll set my tivo to record the 11:00 time slot and see what happens.
Thnaks for the info, Curt!

David K - 12-19-2009 at 01:02 PM

Just finished... was a good show, good helicopter views... concentrated on the fastest 3 motorcycles and the Trophy Trucks.

big dissapointmet...again

steekers - 12-19-2009 at 06:16 PM

NBC gets a big thumbs down. It seems they are getting worse at showing the best of the race. I fully understand they need to show more of the fastest bikes and Trophy Trucks, but when the announce brings up the "summit" and shows nothing what a joke.

There were many places they could have showed, but didn't.

No more wasting my time with all the commercials. I go elsewhere for better coverage.:no::no:

Curt63 - 12-19-2009 at 06:47 PM

Great coverage. Could have been better with more coverage of other classes, Ironmen/Ironwomen and.....the SILT.

Did I mention...HONDA WINS!!!!!!

capt. mike - 12-20-2009 at 09:03 AM

i'm with you Steekers. lame show.
and more of a showcase for the obvious sponsors they sold the ad time to.

like that big GO thing.
who has time for playing with that - and why for?
something for twitter heads and my face space place i guess who have no life?
i'll pass next time.
there are better shows done by indies.
too bad as i have been a fan of the baja underground before.

David K - 12-20-2009 at 11:02 AM

Guys, it was less than an hour show, and subtract the commercials (that pays for it to be filmed) and you get just a snip-it of coverage... I was hoping for some shots in Matomi... Oh well, beats nothing! Yah, the summit wasn't and what he called 'Ojos Negros' wasn't either... Except for us Baja and off road racing nuts, nobody else in the USA knew any different.

If you want more, then get 'Dust to Glory' or the Baja Flo movies... Come on over, I got 'em here and watch them with a beer!

even better

steekers - 12-20-2009 at 11:10 PM

Next time lets film it ourselves! With all the Nomads help we could do it up right. Planes in the daytime, rovers at night. Speaking of night, the NBC commentator said "OH OH, and here comes nightfall" and the following coverage was even worse that the day coverage! Sure it is better than nothing but to sit through the commercials...UGH...except the ASPCA one that showed all those very cute abused animals...I donate to that good cause.

We amateurs could do better! Next time Capt Mike, lets take to the air. The next one goes to La Paz.:bounce:

capt. mike - 12-21-2009 at 10:03 AM

i am wit ya amigo.

i know a good commercial film crew too.
am thinking get MMES early offs.
land mid way and follow action, like BOLA SQ, or gonzaga
get to la paz before night and do the finish.
or do the nite at San Juanico and hit la paz in the early morning.

wessongroup - 12-21-2009 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
Next time lets film it ourselves! With all the Nomads help we could do it up right. Planes in the daytime, rovers at night. Speaking of night, the NBC commentator said "OH OH, and here comes nightfall" and the following coverage was even worse that the day coverage! Sure it is better than nothing but to sit through the commercials...UGH...except the ASPCA one that showed all those very cute abused animals...I donate to that good cause.

We amateurs could do better! Next time Capt Mike, lets take to the air. The next one goes to La Paz.:bounce:

now that's a good idea:light::light::light: