BajaNomad

Looking for caravan late January or early Feburary

nexus6 - 1-7-2010 at 11:56 AM

I've never done the drive before, am traveling alone so I'm looking for a caravan to tag along with. I'm headed to La Ventana (Near La Paz) but if your going further that will work fine and I'll just drop out at La Paz. Not sure how long I'll be staying, probably about a month, so I'll find a return caravan there. Will be driving a newer reliable full sized van.

- Kevin

[Edited on 1-7-2010 by nexus6]

jkruk - 1-12-2010 at 06:44 AM

Crossing Tecate feb 2 am, to baja cactus, feb chivato jim

woody with a view - 1-12-2010 at 07:16 AM

thru tj the 11th at 3.30am. we're only going 1/2 way down so you'll be on your own from there.

Pompano - 1-12-2010 at 07:23 AM

Going south soon after Jan 28th. No set dates yet. May take Tecate Road to Ensenada if no rain..otherwise will do TJ to Ensenada.

Going to Conception Bay south of Mulege. 650 miles from border. Figure 2 1/2 lazy days. I've made the trip a few times.

bajarich - 1-12-2010 at 03:14 PM

Crossing the border at TJ on Monday, Jan 25. Headed to the East Cape. Driving pickup with camper, hauling a small boat.
Rich

shari - 1-13-2010 at 08:14 AM

a big hearty Nomad welcome to ya nexus...and take my word for it...if you convoy with Pompano....well...lets just say that will be a trip in itself!!!!
I highly recommend it...you will learn ALOT about baja.

nexus6 - 1-14-2010 at 12:40 PM

Hi all. Right now it's looking like first week of February. No firm date yet.

Pompano - 1-14-2010 at 12:51 PM

Me too, nexus6...I have my laptop with me on the road, so keep in touch.

Will be flying to LAX and when I get back down to San Diego, l'll be staying at Santee Lakes RV Park for few days starting Jan 26th.

http://www.santeelakes.com/

nexus6 - 1-14-2010 at 04:30 PM

Pompano,

Sounds good. I'll keep you posted as to my exact time of departure when it gets closer.

fishbuck - 1-14-2010 at 04:52 PM

Crossing Thurs night 28th.
Stay at cheap hotel and order some room service;), up as early as possible and a speed run down to S. Rosalia. Going to be a long hard day. Fish 1 day and turn around and go home.
Probably leave the same day after fishing and try for G. Negro.
Ensenada the next day and then home.
You're welcome to try and keep up with me if you want.:cool:

bajarich - 1-14-2010 at 09:10 PM

Pompano,
There is the possibility that, due to a storm moving in, I may need to delay my crossing a few days which would have me crossing on the 28th. I'm not locked in to crossing at TJ so I might be able to join you. I was unable to obtain my FMT in advance so I will need to get it at the border as well as changing money. I have a new reliable truck with camper and boat. I'll keep you posted. Rich

bajabird - 1-19-2010 at 10:57 AM

If I can't get a flight, I'll be driving down the 25th