BajaNomad

Let's see some fish boils!!!!! (pics)

Pacifico - 1-16-2010 at 10:28 AM

I only have a couple where the birds are just starting to go off. I always have trouble snapping pictures and not throwing the iron when the fish show up!!! Let's see some more pics......

[Edited on 1-16-2010 by Pacifico]

GrOUper-GAr - 1-17-2010 at 11:46 AM

I guEsS its FittiNg that GrOUper gAr have a muLti-GroUper eXpLo$iOn...
-NoT EaSY TO CaPtUre-
-GAr TextTextText

GetAttachment.aspx.jpeg - 35kB

wessongroup - 1-17-2010 at 11:57 AM

Mr. Fishbuck, now we know you have camera how about TJ boils, or are yours hands too busy again :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the pictures.. man is that a picture, makes an old man happy :biggrin::biggrin:

Pompano - 1-17-2010 at 06:34 PM

I have quite a few fish boil photos, but this one always brings back some good memories.

[Edited on 1-20-2010 by Pompano]

vandenberg - 1-17-2010 at 06:55 PM

Now if only those birds were edible and we had a 12 gauge handy, we could have a hell of a party.

Pacifico - 1-17-2010 at 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I have quite a few fish boil photos, but this one always brings back some good memories.

That's a beauty!!! I've been in a few like that over the years. Maybe next time I'll pry the rod and reel out of my hands and take a picture. Pictures often last longer than memories.....

Some edibles for you, Ed.

Pompano - 1-18-2010 at 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Now if only those birds were edible and we had a 12 gauge handy, we could have a hell of a party.

..and I DO have a 12 gauge handy at all times.

Sorry about the slight change of habitat, Pacifico...but it is a kind of bird boil. ;)

The other day in front of mi casa.

Pompano - 1-18-2010 at 12:20 AM

There has been tons of sierra mackerel activity this year.
I had a ball catching a few of them from the sea wall..used a ultra-light spinning outfit, 6lb test, steel leader, & small krocodile. Like minature wahoo!

another boil off delfonso

Pompano - 1-18-2010 at 12:52 AM

tattuna - 1-19-2010 at 11:23 PM

Midriff islands last July. There were acres of boils for about 2 hours mixed with porpoise, sea lions and tons of birds. 12- 16 lb yellows feeding on little macs.

oladulce - 1-20-2010 at 07:58 AM

tatuna-

Love your location "..in a van down by the river"

You must be a motivational speaker.

shari - 1-20-2010 at 08:03 PM

here is one out my back door...I will always remember this day because a little boy who was visiting said...look at all the chickens down there!

DSC02515-1.JPG - 49kB

Bob H - 1-20-2010 at 08:15 PM

Wow, great idea for a thread... fish boils. Absolutely love it. All of these images are just great and I can imagine the sound these birds make when hitting the water. Audrey and I were kayaking about 10 years ago, in the Sea of Cortez, really early in the morning. All of a sudden these pelicans were hitting the water hard about 30 feet from our kayak. I did not have my camera with us. It was amazing.

Shari, love the shot of your back yard boil!!
Bob H