BajaNomad

Environmental Enforcement in Mexico

wessongroup - 1-18-2010 at 11:35 AM

Would appear a course has been adopted by the Government regarding many issues dealing with concerns and/or wishes of many here at Baja Nomads

One can draw their on conclusions as to the short and long term impact based on the Press Release and the direction adopted :):)

Terry28 - 1-18-2010 at 11:39 AM

oxymarooon??

DENNIS - 1-18-2010 at 12:17 PM

It's reassuring that the "Owner of Semarnat" decided to drop by. :P

Spot on

wessongroup - 3-14-2010 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
It's reassuring that the "Owner of Semarnat" decided to drop by. :P

I don't forget, as it appears you do not either... good luck:):)

BajaRat - 3-14-2010 at 09:57 AM

Are you referring to waterfront concession permits or? Please elaborate.

Thanks Lionel

snowcat5 - 3-15-2010 at 07:24 AM

There is a new mansion going up in Zacatitos, East Cape area, with a giant retaining wall on the beach. We had to do an environmental survey on our 1/2 acre lot and then were not allowed to move plants or change any seasonal water courses (before building our small house) but the wealth owners at the beach front have dozed over all the plants on their property and are now bringing in hundreds of loads of fill before the construction on the new, giant house. Just shows you how it works in Baja Sur- money talks. The owners of this new home should be ashamed of what they have done to this beautiful beach and for what they have done to the Planet. Shame, shame, shame...

monoloco - 3-15-2010 at 08:57 AM

I have observed that beach front developers have figured out that it is more expedient to ignore regulations and pay the multas later. I found with my own project(not on the beach) that the most cost effective way to deal with the environmental regulations was to divide our lot into 2 1000m2 parcels. If your lot is 1000m2 or less you are not required to submit an environmental impact study. The difference amounted to 6000 pesos vs. 80000 pesos. We did however, transplant all the effected trees and cactus to other parts of the property.

Woooosh - 3-15-2010 at 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I have observed that beach front developers have figured out that it is more expedient to ignore regulations and pay the multas later. I found with my own project(not on the beach) that the most cost effective way to deal with the environmental regulations was to divide our lot into 2 1000m2 parcels. If your lot is 1000m2 or less you are not required to submit an environmental impact study. The difference amounted to 6000 pesos vs. 80000 pesos. We did however, transplant all the effected trees and cactus to other parts of the property.

Ignoring regulations on the FZM works to get a building up fast. Then you pay the fine later.

A condo tower did that near us in 2006- they finished it in 2007 and can't sell any of them yet. It is sitting empty since. I don't think they can get the papers to sell them as individual condos because there is no open space around it and it is all on FZM land. We have the concession on the lots near it and blocked the lady squatting on our concession recently from fencing it all off to build her new house. The lot is surrounded by water on three sides. We still can't get her off the concession land to open it up to the public although we pay the 11 pesos/M2 every year for the land under it. We are waiting for PROFEPA to act but dragged her into the PGJE last month went she cut the posted FZM Concession sign off. No shame in Mexico and it's always cheaper to steal land than buy it.

DianaT - 3-15-2010 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco

Thanks---that is very good information about the size of the lots---may come in very handy.

Curious, however, do you own both the lots in the same fiediocamiso or in a corporation? Just wonder if that makes a difference.

[Edited on 3-15-2010 by DianaT]

monoloco - 3-15-2010 at 04:18 PM

You can hold 2 1000m2 lots under 1 fideicomiso.