BajaNomad

NORRA rally

capt. mike - 2-10-2010 at 02:53 PM

NORRA, the National Off Road Racing Association (not to be confused with SCORE) is resuming its tradition of an annual Baja off road rally starting April 28.

This rally will start in Maxicali and overnight in Bay of LA and Loreto before winding up in La Paz on May 2, 2010
This rally was scheduled for early September, 2009, but Hurricane Jimena spoiled that effort. However, NORRA turned all their resources into supporting relief efforts for Hurricane Jimena including providing much of the supplies that the BBP took down.
They have now turned to the BBP for their aircraft needs for this rally. What this really means is that I need about three aircraft with three empty seats that will commit to being involved in this event. Your aircraft costs will be minimal and no more than what it costs to meet federal regulations. In addition, your room and meals will be provided. Those involved in the flight aspect of the rally will be flying from Mexicali to Bay of LA, Loreto, and La Paz and, at the completion of the rally, back to Mexicali. (to land! at Bay of LA, we have to apply for special landing permission through the state of Baja Norte)
And this rally is not about money but in honoring the past. Parnelli Jones will be there to recall his participation in previous races. And to race, you have to have a vehicle that was built before 1990 or an Alternative Fuel vehicle. And there are classes for motorcycles, ATV, etc, etc.
To see more, go to www.norra.com
Want to be part of the fun and excitement, email me at jack@bajabushpilots.com or call me at the office. We will put you on the list. Remember, we only need three aircraft so, let me know as soon as possible if you can participate.

David K - 2-10-2010 at 04:52 PM

See also this post: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=44150

capt. mike - 2-10-2010 at 05:06 PM

thx DK - i didn't see it before.
good stuff.
wish i could go.
what an economy......:fire:

Why Not Fish Burritos?

Bajahowodd - 2-10-2010 at 05:48 PM

Have to admit that emoticon flew right past me. I just figure some people are angrier than others.

capt. mike - 2-12-2010 at 05:23 PM

they had 25 planes apply for 4 staff positions.
lots of interest.
many will just go anyway to hang and party - maybe me!!