BajaNomad

Valentine's Day at Tacos Cantamar

Gypsy Jan - 2-16-2010 at 02:58 PM

OK, I am probably going to get totally flamed by the poster that hates the joint, but I am forging ahead for the greater good of the Nomads.

Sunday afternoon, Valentine's Day, we drove south to pick up the cremains of our beloved Rottie, Oscar. It was an ordeal due to the Carnival traffic. A normal forty-five minute drive turned into a three hour crawl down the road to the toll gate at El Sauzal.

We picked her up; she came home with us in a beautiful talavera urn with a peac-ck feather design.

After the long time spent on the road and the emotions we felt, we didn't really want to face making a meal or eating in a sit down restaurant.

We needed to get gas at the Pemex station in Cantamar and the taco place next door was slamming with business! I had to wait fifteen minutes just to get my order in. We would have stayed to eat, but all the tables were full of families and date couples, so we took our dinner to go.

Our food was perfectly executed, as ordered; delicious and satisfying. Also, I want to mention that they have new item, camarones enchilado - fantastic.

Hmm, OK, what did it cost? Two fish tacos, three shrimp tacos echilado, two quesadillas con carne asada - less than $10 U.S.

[Edited on 2-16-2010 by Gypsy Jan]

noproblemo2 - 2-16-2010 at 04:11 PM

Five Stars for Tacos Cantamar from here!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin: They are GREAT..............With you on this one Jan!!