BajaNomad

Vela's in Rosarito

knuckles - 2-26-2010 at 05:48 PM

Is back open. Food is reasonable and very good. K31.5 across from the Tampaco.

This is owned by a great family who is struggling to make it. If your in the area give them a try.

Good News

SeaShell - 3-10-2010 at 09:04 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I used to eat there. Very good food and yes a nice family. Will stop in this weekend when I am down there.
Glad to see they haven't given up.

knuckles - 3-10-2010 at 09:08 AM

They have had many trials, but Enrique seems to be bouncing back and the food has been excellent.

Great Meal

SeaShell - 3-15-2010 at 05:38 PM

Just had a great dinner at Vela's. Fresh filet's steamed in foil with shrimp and salsa. Good chowder as a complimentary first course. They have been trying to recover from the fire. I spoke with Enrique and I guess his wife is seriously ill too.
Get a great meal and support them when you can. They are on Popotla Blvd across from Tampanco's.

knuckles - 3-16-2010 at 10:03 AM

I forgot about the Clam Chowder, it was really great the day we went. If you go early in the afternoons on Friday, once in a while Enrique cooks a special something and will share. Not the normal menu fare but whatever he is trying out that day. Always a treat.

Gypsy Jan... You must know of this place?

Yes, I Heard Good Reports About Vela's

Gypsy Jan - 3-18-2010 at 09:36 PM

But the the fire closed them down just as we were interested in stopping by.

I am glad to hear that they have reopened; I wish the family all the best and we will definitely give them some business.