BajaNomad

Hapy Birthday Shari

Bajagypsy - 3-3-2010 at 05:26 AM

Have a wonderful day my friend, Hope all your wishes and dreams come true!

Russ - 3-3-2010 at 05:49 AM

Have a GOOD one my friend!

EGADS! FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS, AMIGA

Pompano - 3-3-2010 at 06:01 AM

I have the perfect gift for you. Just what everyone in Baja needs. :yes:

A free manicure when you next come to Mulege. At my friend, Denise's, salon. Just tell her Tio Rogelio sent you.

Check out mine..not a single hangnail to be found anymore. :rolleyes:

WISH I WAS THERE TO CELEBRATE!

ELINVESTIG8R - 3-3-2010 at 06:10 AM

SHARI

Estas son las mañanitas
que cantaba el rey David.
Hoy por ser dia de tu santo
te las cantamos a ti.

Despierta, mi bien, despierta;
mira que ya amaneció.
Ya los pajaritos cantan;
la luna ya se metió

Que linda está la manãna
en que vengo a saludarte;
venimos todos con gusto
y plazer a felicitarte.

El dia en que tu naciste
Nacieron todas las flores
En la fila del bautizmo
cantaron los Ruiseñores

Ya viene amaneciendo
Ya la luz del dia nos dio
Levántate de mañana
mira que ya amaneció

Si yo pudiera bajarte
las estrellas y un lucero
para poder demostrarte
lo mucho que yo te quiero

Con jazmines y flores
Este dia quiero acordar
Hoy por ser dia de tu santo
Te venimos a cantar.

Natalie Ann - 3-3-2010 at 06:38 AM

Feliz Cumpleanos, shari!

nena

Barbareno - 3-3-2010 at 06:40 AM

Happy Birthday Shari. Party on.

Beachgirl - 3-3-2010 at 06:58 AM

Have a ripping good time, Shari!

DENNIS - 3-3-2010 at 07:23 AM

Happy Birthday, Mon Shari.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skJURa3JFEE

Oui Oui

djh - 3-3-2010 at 07:43 AM

Bon Anniversair !

Oops.... I mean

Feliz Cumpleanos :-).

mulegemichael - 3-3-2010 at 07:54 AM

go girl; another year younger!

Donjulio - 3-3-2010 at 07:55 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bajabass - 3-3-2010 at 07:59 AM

We have not met, and I already like you. :bounce:Happy Birthday!!:bounce: Keep living your dream, day by day, and you can't go wrong. You already have your presents! Juan, your family and friends, and a life to envy in the Big A. Enjoy those gifts on your special day.

shari - 3-3-2010 at 08:16 AM

Mil gracias amigos...It's been a wonderful day so far...a dawn walk...picked some new wildflowers...then as the sun was coming up, tio Javier called from San Ignacio where he is tending a sick mom...he sang me Las Mañanitas ever so sweetly....(It's my party and I'll cry if I want to) and Sirena got home just in time to celebrate with me.

I have been blessed with such a wonderful family, loving friends and pets and am honoured to live in this magnificent place...thank you all for thinking of me....

Pomp...I've never had a manicure so I cant wait!
Dear Dennis....been awhile since I saw Topo Gigo! thanks
Barbareno...I'm gonna start the day with a Paralyser in honour of you!
Gypsy...then move to a breakfast Ceasar to cheer you!

look forward to blowing out the candles to make my wish!

Diver - 3-3-2010 at 08:28 AM

A very Happy Birthday to you, young lady !!

I foresee a day of ....
friends, food and c-cktails
presents galore
lobster, abalone and sushi
more friends, food and more c-cktails
and Juan in a thong ..... enough said.

ENJOY !!

Nan&D - 3-3-2010 at 08:40 AM

Happy Birthday our Sweet Amiga!
Lucky was the day we met you.
Love Nancy and David

Happy B-Day Mamma!!

SiReNiTa - 3-3-2010 at 09:16 AM

Did we start counting backwords yet???
I'm happy that I have the opportunity to greet and celebrate this new part of your life right here beside you. May you live many many more years so we can all enjoy your bubbly personality and huge care for everything you do. You are a roll model if there ever was one =D!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMMA!!!!!

My Miracle Mother

Mom, I look at you
and see a walking miracle.
Your unfailing love without limit,
your ability to soothe my every hurt,
the way you are on duty, unselfishly,
every hour, every day,
makes me so grateful
that I am yours, and you are mine.
With open arms and open heart,
with enduring patience and inner strength,
you gave so much for me,
sometimes at your expense.
You are my teacher,
my comforter, my encourager,
appreciating all, forgiving all.
Sometimes I took you for granted, Mom,
but I don’t now, and I never will again.
I know that everything I am today
relates to you and your loving care.
I gaze in wonder
as I watch you being you—
my miracle, my mother.

By Joanna Fuchs

P.S. here are a few suggestions for your B-Day:

1-Make sure when you blow out the candles they don't blow you up first!!

2-Make sure pepper doesn't run off with the cake!

3-And for the love of all that is good don't....aaaaaaaah never mind drink all you want, have a blast and dance your little butt off! (just don't end up like this dude)

So happy birthday!!! Can't wait to start the party!!

[Edited on 3-3-2010 by SiReNiTa]

wsdunc - 3-3-2010 at 10:20 AM

Happy Birthday Shari

desertcpl - 3-3-2010 at 10:30 AM

Happy B day,, hope to meet you soon

ken/jane

David K - 3-3-2010 at 10:56 AM

Happiest of Birthdays to you Shari!

comitan - 3-3-2010 at 11:18 AM

Happy Birthday Shari and as my wife says not getting older, just getting better!

Mexitron - 3-3-2010 at 12:00 PM

Happy Birthday Shari! Geez, and the Canadians kicked butt in the Olympics--what a treat! Here's to sharing lots more cervezas...

bajadock - 3-3-2010 at 12:07 PM

HPBD SHARI. Nomads stand on guard for thee.

Paulina - 3-3-2010 at 02:42 PM

Shari,

Happiest of birthdays to you! I hope to be able to see you someday again soon for a belated celebration.

Paulina

Salsa - 3-3-2010 at 03:25 PM

Shari

Happy Birthday, I did not know it was near.

I (we, Ron and I) had a great time at your place over the weekend.:tumble:

I did bring you a bottle of wine and had a total brain failure and forgot to give it to you. I guess I'll have to come again soon and bring it.

Don:bounce:

Bajagypsy - 3-4-2010 at 09:05 AM

Do we get to see pictures of your birthday party?

shari - 3-4-2010 at 09:08 AM

thanks all...well we all survived another epic BA party and nobody ended up in jail or the hospital(that I know of)...bonus! the musicians were terrific, pulpo and BBQ yellowtail and all the wonderful food everyone brought was awesome and of course the studio rocked with dancing!

I would like to thank Nancy and David for hosting this event at the Gallery and dealing with the fallout this morning!

but David....I WILL get you back for shoving my whole head in my cake!!!! hope nobody too photos of THAT mess.

[Edited on 3-4-2010 by shari]

P1011331.JPG - 39kB

David K - 3-4-2010 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajagypsy
Do we get to see pictures of your birthday party?

Yah Shari, you can't post too many photos, yah know?

Oh you and gypsy, congrats on the Hockey win... going into overtime was fun, eh?

Skipjack Joe - 3-4-2010 at 09:47 AM

Happy 29th birthday. :dudette:

shari - 3-4-2010 at 09:52 AM

This is what Juan got me for my birthday....held by roberto, our wonder builder who took the day off and went fishing to help celebrate my birthday!

P1011304.JPG - 36kB

Nan&D - 3-4-2010 at 10:00 AM

For all of you who missed the party ---Plan better next year! It was so much fun and the 15 extra teens were an awesome group.
N

[Edited on 3/4/2010 by Nan&D]

IMG_1104.JPG - 36kB

shari - 3-4-2010 at 10:04 AM

one thing I love about mexican parties is that kids of all ages enjoy the dancing....here is sirena twistin with roberto's hijas

P1011322.JPG - 45kB

Nan&D - 3-4-2010 at 10:04 AM

Still working with Photobucket, (still figuring it out in Asuncion!)
Here's a beautiful salad from Redmesa's garden.

IMG_1084.JPG - 27kB

shari - 3-4-2010 at 10:08 AM

Redmesas...we sure missed you guys but you were there in spirit as we all munched the lovely greens from your garden and raised our glasses to you.

Happy Brithday Shari

canbobada - 3-4-2010 at 03:02 PM

Happy B-day Shari!!

I know I am a day late on my wishes and your probably nursing a beautiful hangover, but I hope you had another birthday to remember, and the hangover isn't too bad:?:

That post a few back about Juan in a thong is really throwing me off my train of thought. He doesn't look like a budgie smuggler, but ya never know.:lol:

Seven years ago.

Meeting Shari was one of those life changing moments, we didn't know it at that moment, but we would soon find out. VW bus just broke down, crackhead mechanics working on it, very little money, starting to think it was going to be the trip from hell, out of nowhere drives this beautiful baja baked bombshell to introduce herself and meet us because we are decked in canadian gear and well she is just the nicest, sweetest, most amazing social butterfly I will ever meet. She single handedly turned our soon to be hell trip into the most amazing baja adventure I ever could have imagined. The people(serena and juan(they had just started dating)), the places(san Roque), the food(sea snail ceviche, her home made tortillas and lobster, the parties( on the beach around the fire), the energy she built backup in us, are and is amazing. We realized we had met an angel.

Now for the last seven years, there hasn't been a night Billy and I have been together, on our way to having a few to many, that this angel named Shari hasn't been the center of our prayers and dreams to one day see again. Wondering if she would remember us like we remember her and all the great times she brought us. We both swore that one day we would go back to Baja and meet up with our angel once again.

Well seven years later came.

Billy, my beautiful (pregant with our baby boy) wife, and I said it must be done. So off to baja we went.
Drove into Gruerro Nergo and the fist person we saw(owner of a taco stand) we asked if they knew a Shari, and halfway through Bondy she said SHARI!! of coarse I know Shari!! She is my friend and lives in Asuncion with Juan. We thought wow this might be easy, but who knows how hard it will be to find her there. First person we see in Asuncion at 9 at night, we didn't even have to say anything. They must know where to send the gringos. Drove up and he took one look at us and said Shari? We smiled and he pointed us in the right direction. It was amazing!!

So after seven years we open the door to her house and it was like we never left! Our Angel remembered us!! And took us in like we were all her children. It was a short but sweet visit. Shari pulled out the pictures of our last journey, and any story without a picture was brought back instantly after some beer and camp fire smoke. Before we knew it Shari had invited the other canadians over and the party began. She hooked up fishing with Juan at the drop of a hat (Great fishing, best lunch I have ever had). And made us her now world famous fish ball soup and chocolate tofu pudding for dessert! OMG!!! AMAZING!! Again meeting up with Shari was by far the best part of our trip.

Seeing you again Shari was like watching the olympic flames being lit. You lit the flame of life in me again. You are the most amazingly positive person I have ever had the privilege of meeting and I thank you for everythinig you did for us while we were hanging with you. You truely are an angel.

With our first little baby boy on the way, I went to baja to get my priorities straight and find the person in me that I have lost due to work and life, and I want to thank you Shari ( my Baja Angel) for helping me find that person inside me again. I swear seeing you again will help me be the father and family man I know I can be. I think I am going to require annual doses though. This once every seven year bull just isn't enough.

You are the best!;D

Happy birthday my beautiful baja angel

May your smile continue to be contagious

Love Bob

shari - 3-4-2010 at 05:34 PM

wow bob....sniff sniff...muchas gracias for your lovely comments. We DID have some fun eh!!!! You guys always ignite my canada flame. We sure look forward to your future visits and getting to turn that new baby into a baja baby....hope to see some of those old mechanic pics soon.

bajafam - 3-4-2010 at 06:35 PM

A day late, but the sentiment is the same. We hope that you had a wonderful birthday...and from the photos, it looks like you did. Too bad we weren't able to join in the fiesta, but we were partying with you in spirit :) Love you, lady!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!!! Tentatively April 1st! See you soon, birthday girl!!

Keri - 3-4-2010 at 07:04 PM

Belated Happy Birthday, Looks like you had a great day.k

shari - 3-4-2010 at 07:05 PM

thanks again all you amigos....and oh by the way...i celebrate my birthday all month long!!! so there's lots of time to party with you!!!

BajaBilly - 3-4-2010 at 07:07 PM

Oops I thought it was Juan's birthday, lol. All the best on your special day Shari!

shari - 3-4-2010 at 07:22 PM

juans birthday is next week so I'll pass it on anyway!

eetdrt88 - 3-4-2010 at 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
thanks again all you amigos....and oh by the way...i celebrate my birthday all month long!!! so there's lots of time to party with you!!!
shari,i like your style....happy b=day and party on!!! :spingrin::spingrin:

Bob H - 3-4-2010 at 10:08 PM

Party on for a whole month... that covers your birthday and Juans! Happy Birthday to you BOTH! Would love to be there for the many festivities!

You guys rock.
Bob H

Skipjack Joe - 3-6-2010 at 10:19 PM

I don't know at what age people become self conscious about dancing. But in Latin America it must come later than to the rest of us. At 9PM everyone is dancing. By midnight the teenagers are left dancing. And by morning only the very young are left standing.

This is Alex in Lima, Peru. He couldn't have been older than 4 when I snapped this picture.

P.S. He looks more like pompano than me in this picture.

[Edited on 3-7-2010 by Skipjack Joe]

limadancer.jpg - 47kB

elgatoloco - 3-6-2010 at 10:35 PM

Shari - belated birthday wishes from Que Barbara y Mateo!:dudette:

Juan - early birthday wishes from Que Barbara y Mateo!:saint:

We are having tecate scon clamato and 100% blue agave tequila shots in your honor! :cool::yes:

Bob H - 3-7-2010 at 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
We are having tecate scon clamato and 100% blue agave tequila shots in your honor! :cool::yes:

Whoooah... wish we were there to celebrate with you! Bob H