BajaNomad

Thank You Persabu!!

cjesme - 3-7-2010 at 11:03 AM

We want to thank Jorge from Persabu! We got a couple vehicles stuck south of San Felipe in the mud and Jorge CLOSED his bar to help us get out! He used his own tractor to pull the jeep and all terrain vehicle out of the mud before the tide came in. To all who ever needs help this young man is truly a wonderful person!!

Three Cheers for Jorge of Persabu!!!

woody with a view - 3-7-2010 at 11:16 AM

hopefully you guys closed the bar in gratitude!

David K - 3-7-2010 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cjesme
We want to thank Jorge from Persabu! We got a couple vehicles stuck south of San Felipe in the mud and Jorge CLOSED his bar to help us get out! He used his own tractor to pull the jeep and all terrain vehicle out of the mud before the tide came in. To all who ever needs help this young man is truly a wonderful person!!

Three Cheers for Jorge of Persabu!!!

You can't cross the lagoon at PERCEBU without the risk getting stuck... That is quick sand for trucks and Jeeps!

The access to Shell Island is 3 miles south of Percebu.

torch - 3-7-2010 at 11:47 AM

That has to be a sinking feeling (before the tractor arrives). I rarely drive on sand or through mud for fear of getting stuck, never mind on the beach at low tide.

Ken Cooke - 3-13-2010 at 01:41 PM

The mud is as slick as ball bearings (i.e. - Mud-Terrain tires do not work there). I agree that it is best to stay out of the lagoon near Rancho Percebu and travel south to reach the sandbar there.