BajaNomad

St. Patrick's Day at Bobby's-By-The-Sea, Near Puerto Nuevo

Gypsy Jan - 3-18-2010 at 11:05 PM

So, we went to Bobby's-by-the-Sea for St. Patrick's Day.

The property is beautiful; we sat at what I think is the best table, on the patio, overlooking the pool and jacuzzi below and the ocean beyond.

We had a very delicious meal of corned beef, cabbage, potato and carrot with a cup of good, sinus-clearing mustard, and they happily provided seconds of everything.

It is hard to do simple food well ("Hey Mabel, let's boil up some of that cabbage there and some of them taters and throw in the scraps along wit'it"), but Bobby's did justice to the meal, serving good quality, fresh ingredients that were well prepared with artful plating.

Including a glass of wine, the meal cost $8.95 U.S.

[Edited on 3-19-2010 by Gypsy Jan]

noproblemo2 - 3-19-2010 at 10:20 AM

We had the same, but at Splash. As usual Gapo prepared it perfectly, servings were very large and the dinner roll melted in your mouth...

cjesme - 3-21-2010 at 09:35 AM

We have been to both places and agree, the places are perfect. If you like fishing for Grande Cabezoni, fish infront of Splash's. We caught many large fish and it was beautiful there. Haven't tried their corn beef yet but it has to be way better than the food we ate. (in the states)

noproblemo2 - 3-21-2010 at 02:32 PM

Speaking of Splash, Gapo tells me that next week they will have Mexican food,
T-Bones and Rib-Eyes also.............

Bajahowodd - 3-21-2010 at 03:56 PM

Gapo?

noproblemo2 - 3-21-2010 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Gapo?

Nicks brother, the chef....

Bajahowodd - 3-21-2010 at 04:25 PM

Just sounded to me like a long, lost Marx Brother.:lol::lol:

noproblemo2 - 3-21-2010 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Just sounded to me like a long, lost Marx Brother.:lol::lol:

Nope, Gapo not Groucho :lol::lol:

Bajahowodd - 3-21-2010 at 04:47 PM

Nor Gummo, nor Harpo, nor Chico, nor Zeppo. Just wondered. :lol::lol::lol:

noproblemo2 - 3-21-2010 at 05:24 PM

You're funny, much prefer humor over Grumps....;)

skipowell - 3-21-2010 at 08:34 PM

where is Splash?
we recently had dinner at Bobby's (on Valentine's) and was impressed at the quality of the steak and the shrimp for a very reasonable price (cant remember the actual price) we will try them again but always open to something new
like Splash??

Lindalou - 3-22-2010 at 04:52 AM

Did Jungle Jims have his St patties day dinner this year in Mulege? It was sure good the year we were there.

noproblemo2 - 3-22-2010 at 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by skipowell
where is Splash?
we recently had dinner at Bobby's (on Valentine's) and was impressed at the quality of the steak and the shrimp for a very reasonable price (cant remember the actual price) we will try them again but always open to something new
like Splash??

KM 52 Ocean side

skipowell - 3-22-2010 at 07:36 AM

thanks- so that would be between Cantamar and La Mission??
We will give it a try!

noproblemo2 - 3-22-2010 at 07:47 AM

Yes, you will love it

I Am Sort of Not

Gypsy Jan - 3-24-2010 at 08:23 PM

Here's to Hijacking My Own Post

Gypsy Jan - 3-24-2010 at 08:35 PM

We ate lunch at Splash about two Saturday's ago.

The place is beautiful; oceanfront-on-the-sand, with nice clean bathrooms.

I had the fresh black sea bass special of the day. A one-pound center cut fillet, with chips, salad, veggies and baked potato with all the fixings. Side comment, the veggies were fresh prepared, not out of a bag and they tasted great.

It was a wonderful meal. (Please don't ask price, someone else was paying; but after looking at the menu, I would say that everything is very reasonable.)

P.S. Great margaritas!

noproblemo2 - 3-25-2010 at 05:44 AM

Ditto on the Food & Margaritas, but be careful on the Margaritas and limit yourself, they are GOOD!!!!

noproblemo2 - 4-3-2010 at 06:27 PM

Does Bobby's-by-the-Sea still have their Sunday Brunch????