BajaNomad

Restaurant

garynmx - 3-29-2010 at 03:31 AM

Las Pencas is a wonderful restaurant in Rosarito Beach. KM28 1/2 is address. Have lamb that is wonderful. We ordered 1 kilo of lamb, and side dishes all served family style and bill only $43.00 usd. 4 of us at table. I never had such good meat in my life. Made our own tacos at the table and there was none left over. Wonderful place. Try it.

SteveD - 3-29-2010 at 08:05 AM

Since we love lamb this sounds like a good place to try. Can you be more specific as to its location?

Thanks

Bajahowodd - 3-29-2010 at 03:20 PM

Does anyone have input on why lamb is so scarce in the US? Outside of ethnic enclaves (mostly Middle Eastern), one can only, if lucky, find frozen New Zealand lamb in supermarkets. Lotsa luck trying to find it on a restaurant menu.

bajaguy - 3-29-2010 at 04:10 PM

Plenty of places to eat lamb in Nevada, especially at the many Basque restaurants.........

knuckles - 3-29-2010 at 04:34 PM

Any further infor on the exact location? Near a landmark?

The Gull - 3-29-2010 at 05:56 PM

Landmark - right next to the sleeping dog.

Udo - 3-29-2010 at 06:35 PM

COSTCO
has all the lamb you will ever need, rack, ribs, loins, and sometimes lamb shanks. All fresh.
For my needs, However, I wish they carried whole lamb, but have not tried to special order yet. I have been able to order it from specialty restaurant purveyors

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Does anyone have input on why lamb is so scarce in the US? Outside of ethnic enclaves (mostly Middle Eastern), one can only, if lucky, find frozen New Zealand lamb in supermarkets. Lotsa luck trying to find it on a restaurant menu.

garynmx - 3-30-2010 at 02:04 AM

the restaurant is right off main drag in rosarito heading towards Popola. right side of road. small old brick and wood looking restaurant. Can't miss the sign on Restaurant. It is before the big purple motel with flashing sign reading 199 pesos per night. Hope that helps.