BajaNomad

Punta San Carlos fishing

amirravon - 4-15-2010 at 03:22 PM

I have bin invited to join some friends ( leaving tomorrow ) to a kite-surfing trip to Punta San Carlos ( north) if you guys can share some FISHING info for this area it will really appreciate , i will have my seat on top kayak with me !!! thanks for any input. Amir

baitcast - 4-15-2010 at 04:52 PM

The beach there must be the halibut capital of the world,good WSB from the beach also,the croaker family is in force in the sand,good bass off the points.

Cold and windy most the time,but who cares the fishing is great.
Rob

baitcast - 4-15-2010 at 04:58 PM

Punta San Carlos fishing:biggrin: from the beach.
Rob

amirravon - 4-15-2010 at 05:03 PM

hi Rob

i did some search in this forum and it look like you the only fisherman that have knowledge / experience in punta san carlos.

what kind of fishing gear do i need to bring with me?.
what bait is available there ? any info will help

thanks, Amir

tiotomasbcs - 4-15-2010 at 05:18 PM

Amigo, go for it! As a surfer and small time fisherman I said I would never go back. Sailboarding aka kiting reigns supreme and it is awesome. But you can hardly brush your teeth in the wind!! The wind blows dirt in all directions and peeing into the wind has new meaning! I love Halibut, corbina, etc. Hate dirt. Let us know as Baja is always fun even on a bad trip!Good luck! ps Board Heads do party and enjoy themselves! Smiles

baitcast - 4-16-2010 at 08:03 AM

No bait is needed,K/M,s,krocks and plastics in the sand works just fine.

If you don,t have much in the way of lures use clams and s-crabs in the sand,chovies off the points,if your using baits :othere are some very large B-rays there that will clean you out:lol: but fun other-wise.

Forgot bring squid also.
Rob