BajaNomad

Rip to the Tip 2010

Curt63 - 4-22-2010 at 08:33 PM

Here they come!

http://jcrhonda.com/story/all/103

This group is fast! (when their not setting up the video shoot)

The video has some excellent helicopter footage of Baja scenery

[Edited on 4-23-2010 by Curt63]

capt. mike - 4-22-2010 at 09:00 PM

i liked the baja express routes better - more pistas along the way...:lol:

irenemm - 4-22-2010 at 09:05 PM

Good Luck
Have Fun
And Most of all Stay Safe
Posada Don Diego
Martinez Family and Staff
Vicente Guerrero, Baja

TMW - 4-23-2010 at 08:47 AM

Riding conditions look great, no dust at least the first day. Gotta be a blast.

In looking over the JCR site I wonder how Timmy Weigand is doing.

rts551 - 4-23-2010 at 09:01 AM

Should cause some attention along the BCS Pacific coast on Monday

capt. mike - 4-23-2010 at 09:17 AM

what about the NORRA race? went off today?

oladulce - 4-23-2010 at 01:22 PM

Thanks for posting this. With this ugly wind, there's been so much dirt in the air lately I probably wouldn't have noticed their dust cloud when they pass through town on Tuesday. It'll be fun to watch for them. Go Jesse Beck!

TMW - 4-23-2010 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
what about the NORRA race? went off today?

That's next week. Starts on Thursday.

capt. mike - 4-23-2010 at 05:45 PM

ok - maybe i can still go! this week got shot to hades...

Offroad trip on heroin

Curt63 - 4-24-2010 at 09:25 AM

Great daily video and picture coverage (lots of helicopter shots).

Beautiful rainy Baja scenery

No expense spared in this mega corporate sponsored testosterone fest.

Find it all at

http://www.dirtnewz.com/events-10/riptothetip/index.shtml

I'm getting ready for my own crawl to the tip on May 30 so this video is really gettin me in the mood

Great riders... !!!

BajaCactus - 4-24-2010 at 07:15 PM

They arrived at BajaCactus Friday night... all happy and fully enjoying their adventure.

We received them with 100+ cold beers on ice and a "Carne Asada" feast... and to top it off, we had professional massage sessions available for them... just what they needed!!!

They were all excited, thrilled and anxious to keep hitting some more of those Baja roads, however it was time for some relaxation and rest... what a great bunch of guys!!!

Keep at it... have fun and savor every mile of your trip my friends!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

BajaCactus

[Edited on 4-25-2010 by BajaCactus]

capt. mike - 4-25-2010 at 05:50 AM

i wonder what each rider pays for this run?

TMW - 4-25-2010 at 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus
They arrived at BajaCactus Friday night... all happy and fully enjoying their adventure.

... and to top it off, we had professional massage sessions available for them... just what they needed!!!

BajaCactus

Do you provide that for all your guest, even DK?

David K - 4-25-2010 at 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus

We received them with 100+ cold beers on ice and a "Carne Asada" feast... and to top it off, we had professional massage sessions available for them... just what they needed!!!

They were all excited, thrilled and anxious to keep hitting some more of those Baja roads, however it was time for some relaxation and rest... what a great bunch of guys!!!

Keep at it... have fun and savor every mile of your trip my friends!!!

BajaCactus

How cool is that! Baja Cactus cannot be matched for service above and beyond!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TW: "Do you provide that for all your guest, even DK?"

(Thanks for that idea TW, I will add it to the list of goodies Antonio already gives me (and ALL his other guests): free coffee in room, shampoo, lotion, satellite TV, and free bottled water, too :light::bounce::biggrin:

capt. mike - 4-26-2010 at 04:19 PM

outstanding live coverage and vids.
wish i was there!!

rts551 - 4-26-2010 at 07:17 PM

I missed them today. Guess they stopped at Chelo's

Massage...

BajaCactus - 4-27-2010 at 09:35 AM

TW... We started offering in-room massage sessions a couple of months ago... our masseuse is certified, very professional and very good. However I am still working out some rough edges on the administrative part, that is why I have not made it "official" yet.

I expect to have menus and everything needed within a month... in the meantime anyone can ask for the service at the front desk and our receptionist will take care of you.

When I finally make it "official", I will make sure to post it here... of course, if Doug allows it.

BajaCactus

shari - 4-27-2010 at 10:39 AM

awesome video...what a fun rip! missed em here too but did see a chase truck zoom into town.

Antonio...what a wonderful idea...I'll mention it to all our guests who usually stay at baja cactus on their way here.

We had a fantastic masseuse that the fishermen loved after Juan saw to it that they were all beat up after fishing....unfortunately she moved to Guerrero Negro and is now a cop!!! So if ya get stopped in GN by a pretty girl...ask her for a massage!!! or not!

capt. mike - 4-27-2010 at 11:16 AM

do those come with the happy ending??:lol::lol::lol:
or is it XXXtra..???:light:

Desertbull - 5-5-2010 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551I missed them today. Guess they stopped at Chelo's

Sorry we missed you. Chelo has been a friend of mine for a very long time and we made Chelo's the lunch stop of the day. Chelo didn't disappoint with homemade pizza, carne & fish tacos and more...

I was there all afternoon arriving before and staying afterwards to help clean up a bit...when 30 hungry riders blow into a small town it creates quite the stir. The street outside Chelo's was lined with what seemed to be most of the town people! Passed out Rip to the Tip steekers and video and photos with kids and the riders.

I'll catch you on my next adventure south in a few weeks.