BajaNomad

Definitive answer to best chinese food in La Paz

akmaxx - 4-25-2010 at 06:11 PM

Anybody, anybody? Bueller? We am going out tonight and want Chinese with authenticity, spice, and atmosphere be damned. Any quick suggestions. The search on this board only revealed places not to go and I am heeding them.

I am looking forward to lunch Monday at Tres Virgenes, but that is an altogether different animal.

Wishing you the best of luck . . .

bajajazz - 4-25-2010 at 07:07 PM

If you can find a Chinese restaurant in La Paz that serves fried rice that isn't a week old, please let us know.

In La Paz, a good Chinese meal is one that doesn't make you sick.

All Chinese chefs in La Paz should get a job slopping hogs . . . or be arrested for false impersonation.

comitan - 4-25-2010 at 07:16 PM

:bounce::bounce::lol::bounce::bounce:

JESSE - 4-25-2010 at 08:08 PM

Yes we are closed on Mondays.

Best Chinese in town is definately the one on the corner of Allende and Madero.

If you go, ask if "Bin" is cooking, if he is, you should get a decent meal, if he is not, i usually go get a Pizza.

akmaxx - 4-25-2010 at 09:15 PM

Gracias a dios, we went to Allende and Madero to the Golden Dragon (Dragon de Oro) on our landlords rec. The service was lightning fast, almost scarily so, and the food was better than I have experienced in other parts of Baja. A nice rest. that reminded me of larger salas por rentar in the states.

Definitely rates a "B". Could have had more subtle flavors and distinctive spices, but overall pleasantly surprising.

Thanks for the heads up on Mondays at your place. We will try tuesday.

[Edited on 4-26-2010 by akmaxx]

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 4-25-2010 at 10:46 PM

Hola, if the golden dragon is the restaurant upstairs on the second floor and recomended by moon books on baja, , it rates an " f ". terrible service, the most bland chinese food i have ever eaten but supposedly, the place to be seen at. i took my mexican family there for lunch on a day trip and was so embarrassed !!!! I hope nobody saw us !

i cook better than they do !!!!

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

JESSE - 4-25-2010 at 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Hola, if the golden dragon is the restaurant upstairs on the second floor and recomended by moon books on baja, , it rates an " f ". terrible service, the most bland chinese food i have ever eaten but supposedly, the place to be seen at. i took my mexican family there for lunch on a day trip and was so embarrassed !!!! I hope nobody saw us !

i cook better than they do !!!!

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Its also the dirtiest restaurant i have seen in La Paz, i don't know what happened to them.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 4-26-2010 at 11:37 AM

Hola, well, it's off my list ! again ! we need to have a website such as " YELP " to be able to post and advise of ALL businesses and their ethics and mannerisms ! hmmmmm !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT