BajaNomad

Tin Boat Tour

Russ - 5-7-2010 at 12:14 PM

Got out again today and it was Just as nice as yesterday early A little breeze came up around noon. Decided to tour around the islands since I haven't done that in years. As long as I was moving I threw out a lure too.

dt, here's a Wahoo I got

Bye Bye
:O

BajaBruno - 5-7-2010 at 12:21 PM

Looks like you had a nice day, Russ. Thanks for sharing.

bruno

chippy - 5-7-2010 at 01:00 PM

Nice!! That wahoo looks like alot of baracudas I´ve caught.

Joelt - 5-7-2010 at 01:37 PM

Thsnks for the tour Russ. Last month when we were there we had a blast catching trigger and creol fish at the islands. Love your pectures.

Cypress - 5-7-2010 at 02:24 PM

Russ, Thanks for sharing your days fishing.:yes:

DianaT - 5-7-2010 at 02:56 PM

Nice, very nice.

I swear the birds look like penguins!

I especially like the last two of the sea lions---those are my favorite.

Thanks

oladulce - 5-7-2010 at 03:41 PM

Great shot of the Booby's blue feet in picture #7. I've only seen Booby's flying or diving, never sitting still. Love that shade of blue.

Bajahowodd - 5-7-2010 at 04:01 PM

Great pictures, Russ. They kinda restore my faith in mother nature, what with the abundant wildlife you showed. Way too many folks who are city bound have no clue about the places you were showing. Thanks.

Frank - 5-7-2010 at 05:08 PM

Thanks Russ, we hope to be doing the samething in August.

Udo - 5-7-2010 at 06:33 PM

What lures did you pick out and used?:?::biggrin:

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
As long as I was moving I threw out a lure too.
:O

Russ - 5-7-2010 at 07:10 PM

Wow! Thanks for all the nice responses.
Bajahowodd, Lots of stuff above the water but much of the reef fishes have been netted so with the water being pretty clear like it was I didn't see the abundance of sea life I did in the past. :mad:
udowinkler Here's what I was dragging today

diver lure.jpg - 47kB

bajabass - 5-7-2010 at 08:01 PM

Yozuri? Shallow runner? Looks like the tin boat gets around pretty well. I wanna see the 50lb bull dorado that pulls you around this summer. Can you run up to San Bruno/Isla San Marcos/SLC in her Russ?

Russ - 5-7-2010 at 08:15 PM

Yozuri-F
I'd be really happy with a 20 pounder (sp). But you know when you least expect it.....
In the early 90's I did it in my 15' Klamouth side console w/ a 30hp but I'm older and I don't want to fight/fright my way home when it blows ant more. Maybe trailer it over to Pescadors for a San Marcos run?
Here's another shot of the lure with the little scorpion fish blown up. Next time I'm taking the Nikon.

Scorpion fish.jpg - 45kB

Pescador - 5-8-2010 at 07:34 AM

Shoot, we had a boat the same size follow us to Tortuga the other day from San Bruno, but I was glad it was them. While my boat is an Aluminum boat, it is 19.5 feet so it handles the big water very well, but it was a pain to have to haul their yellowtail back for them so they were able to get it up on the plane.

Udo - 5-8-2010 at 08:19 AM

Thanks for sharing, Russ

I already have similar rods and reels, but your lure is not in my tackle box yet...so i'm on my way to Bass Pro next week and look for some.

Muchas, Gracias!
Udo