BajaNomad

Selling Stuff, Advice Wanted

bearbait1 - 5-9-2010 at 11:04 PM

Hi, I have an older Toyota pickup, 18' Bayrunner, and as much camping and fishing equipment as can be stuffed into the boat and PU, stored in Los Barrilles. Circumstances dictate that I sell everything. I am not going to drive everything back to AK so would like to sell the stuff in Baja but want to make sure I can get rid of everything in a single trip. I'd appreciate any advice on how to advertise. Is consignment a possibility somewhere? Any advice is appriciated, thanks.

Dale

noproblemo2 - 5-9-2010 at 11:18 PM

Try listing it on Craigs list for Baja Sur

Donjulio - 5-10-2010 at 10:47 AM

I would love to have that at the food bank thrift/consignment store but it's a long way from San Felipe.

U2U what you would like for all of it. Thanks

cftlet - 5-10-2010 at 06:47 PM

chech your u-2-u

comitan - 5-10-2010 at 07:03 PM

Just post it all here with prices and let everyone have at it!

Donjulio - 5-10-2010 at 10:49 PM

Nothing in my U2U

bearbait1 - 5-10-2010 at 10:52 PM

Thanks for the help everyone.

Woooosh - 5-11-2010 at 09:19 AM

Lot's of bad things happening with Craigslist ads lately. Robberies and worse stateside- probably at least as bad in Baja. Be very careful and show your truck in a public surrounding if you go that route. JMO

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/11/washington.craigslis...

[Edited on 5-11-2010 by Woooosh]

Warning

Dave - 5-11-2010 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
show your truck in a public surrounding if you go that route. JMO

It is illegal for a FM/FM3 holder to sell anything without the proper permits. It can be considered as working. Rarely enforced but it could result in your possessions being confiscated. I wouldn't display anything 'for sale' in public.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 5-11-2010 at 10:08 AM

Hola bearbait1, as you are in los barriles, i would suggest you post on the " bajaponyexpress3 " and " bajanomad " websites and have one big garage sale over one or two days. if you decide to have a garage sale, ask your your neighbors as having multiple sales does bring in more bargain hunting people.

perhaps a post in craigslist with an inventory may help too but i would think it would cover such a large geographical area and going back and forth on the computer would take so much time.

buenos suerte !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT