BajaNomad

Mustafa's San Antonio for great lunch

k0co - 5-19-2010 at 08:24 AM

While entering from Tecate on Rte 3 on the motorcycle tour, we chanced upon Mustafa winery and restaurant for lunch. It was terrific:
Me: Sopa de tortilla full of chicken and fillings and huge
She: Quesadilla's with rice, guac and beans

Both were really tasty, served by friendly folks, and more-than-you-can-eat portions. The Sopa was a huge bowl of great stuff.

And we bought a bottle of their Tinto on way out, which was enjoyed later that day after reaching brother's house in PB.

Santiago - 5-19-2010 at 08:34 AM

Goody - we planned on hitting Mustafa's on our next wine run.

David K - 5-19-2010 at 08:45 AM

Here's an older review of Mustafa's: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=15752

Mustafa's

tripledigitken - 5-19-2010 at 08:54 AM

It is one of our favorites too.

We ate there last month. I had a very good Carne Asada and Paula had Moroccan Lamb. Their soups are outstanding and on that day it was french onion soup.

The owner's, who weren't there that day, are very friendly folks.

Ken

durrelllrobert - 5-19-2010 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by k0co
While entering from Tecate on Rte 3 on the motorcycle tour, we chanced upon Mustafa winery and restaurant for lunch. It was terrific:
Me: Sopa de tortilla full of chicken and fillings and huge
She: Quesadilla's with rice, guac and beans

Both were really tasty, served by friendly folks, and more-than-you-can-eat portions. The Sopa was a huge bowl of great stuff.

And we bought a bottle of their Tinto on way out, which was enjoyed later that day after reaching brother's house in PB.

I'm surprised you didn't try the lamb and cuoscous specialties since you avatar shows your location as Abu Dhabi. Mustafa was born in Morroco.:bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 5-19-2010 by durrelllrobert]