BajaNomad

Any recent reports from BoLA?

Alan - 5-20-2010 at 02:08 PM

Driving to La Paz on Sunday. The basic plan is to fish a few days in La Paz and then stop to fish Loreto and BoLA on the way home. I know all of the areas are sort of in a transition right now but the reports of Dorado in Mulege already are promising. Was hoping someone could point me to a recent report for BoLA as I may just stay south a little longer if it's not yet going off. Only have two weeks and I'm bringing a newbie so I wanted to make it memorable.

24baja - 5-21-2010 at 10:54 AM

Friends caught 2- 25# yellowtails around Smith Island this week and last week, 18-20# yellowtail and 18# grouper near Partida. We will post a report Sunday night or Monday after we arrive in Bola and have a chance to get out fishing.

Alan - 5-21-2010 at 05:53 PM

Thanks. With the lack of responses I was starting to wonder if BoLA was still open :lol:

I will be southbound Sunday headed for LP so I will check for updates from you. Report sounds about right for this time of year. Scattered YT boils in morning where everybody runs and guns, slinging iron. It is a blast, but they aren't quite W/O yet which usually happens about mid-June

woody with a view - 5-21-2010 at 06:42 PM

just back wed mid day. one day fishing for only cabrilla, lings, blancos. saw a large YT carcass at one of the camps but fishing is still slow. clams were epic! water temp about 64ish. saw a fin back and a few turtles. we fished with a guy named El Payaso at the north? end of Archelon camp.

fotos later....

Paulina - 5-21-2010 at 06:54 PM

You might call Casa Diaz directly and ask either Chubasco or Sammy Sr. what's being caught.

The number I have is : 011-52-200-124-9112.

Good luck and have fun,
P<*))))>{

bajabass - 5-21-2010 at 07:11 PM

Love that fish Paulina!!;)

Paulina - 5-21-2010 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
Love that fish Paulina!!;)

Thank you Bajabass.
I cannot take credit for it's creation. An old friend, Fred Hoctor, used to sign his emails to me with that fish. I adopted it after he passed. It's my way of remembering him every time I post.

P<*))))>{

Debra - 5-22-2010 at 07:38 AM

I'm in Bahia..........haven't been out fishing, but, lots of bait balls if the birds are iany indication.

David K - 5-22-2010 at 09:51 AM

Debra, how about doing a weekly (or ??) Bahia news report for us?

You know: How's the weather (sunny, windy, etc.)... Happenings around town, what's new... Fish reports if you hear of them... Most missions found (there could be more?)...!! :light:

Thanks...!!

[Edited on 5-22-2010 by David K]

woody with a view - 5-22-2010 at 12:35 PM

we saw plenty of 1" bait being worked by the birds but no boils ANYWHERE!