BajaNomad

A look in the mirror? Activists blast Mexico's immigration law

Woooosh - 5-26-2010 at 10:17 AM

For those of us who only look to Mexico's northern border, what Mexico does to those trying to immigrate from the south.

"... in Mexico, illegal immigrants receive terrible treatment from corrupt Mexican authorities... And Mexico has a law that is no different from Arizona's that empowers local police to check the immigration documents of people suspected of not being in the country legally."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-05-25-mexico-migrant...

[Edited on 5-26-2010 by Woooosh]

gnukid - 5-26-2010 at 10:53 AM

It is not difficult to see the hypocrisy of the political leaders, who change their stance on issues depending the day and latitude to a degree which is purposefully incomprehensible. That's the point to create a common discourse which makes no sense and causes chaos, division and weakness among the proletariat along false lines. From Niro to Soertero the method to the madness is consistent, as a tool of politics. Their tools extend to the agents, people, who mirror their inconsistent messaging.

The people of each country have common ground, with compassion and respect for sovereignty and independence for each Nation.

I've never had...

Dave - 5-26-2010 at 11:00 AM

Any Mexican cop ask for my immigration documents or tourist visa. Even when presenting a U.S. driver's license.

k-rico - 5-26-2010 at 11:01 AM

Does Mexico have the same illegal immigration problem along it's southern border with Guatemala and Belize as the United States does with Mexico? I would imagine so but don't really know. If so, perhaps Mexico's immigration laws are largely driven by that.

durrelllrobert - 5-26-2010 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
Does Mexico have the same illegal immigration problem along it's southern border with Guatemala and Belize as the United States does with Mexico? I would imagine so but don't really know. If so, perhaps Mexico's immigration laws are largely driven by that.

The coyotas charge a lot more to smuggle a Guatemalian into Mexico then into the US:(:(

Where did you hear that?

Dave - 5-26-2010 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
The coyotas charge a lot more to smuggle a Guatemalian into Mexico then into the US:(:(

Woooosh - 5-26-2010 at 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
It is not difficult to see the hypocrisy of the political leaders, who change their stance on issues depending the day and latitude to a degree which is purposefully incomprehensible. That's the point to create a common discourse which makes no sense and causes chaos, division and weakness among the proletariat along false lines. From Niro to Soertero the method to the madness is consistent, as a tool of politics. Their tools extend to the agents, people, who mirror their inconsistent messaging.

The people of each country have common ground, with compassion and respect for sovereignty and independence for each Nation.

Nice job on that post. It pretty much sums up the reality of our geo-political world. So many people simply willing to follow without a moral compass in hand.

:yes:

Woooosh - 5-26-2010 at 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico

The unstable countries south of Mexico push people north. They are treated very very poorly but really have no power to complain and who would they complain to (unless UN Peacekeepers were there)? If Mexico thought they would/could all just pass through to the USA- they wouldn't care. But many don't ever leave Mexico and cause more social problems and stress.

"SIN NOMBRE"

Mexicorn - 5-26-2010 at 01:18 PM

There's a lot of deadbeat dads and people from the US running from the law/IRS for one reason or another this law may target those types of folks?

With regard to the southern border of Mexico may I sugest reviewing the movie "SIN NOMBRE" it is in Spanish but deals with what goes on at the southern border of Mexico. It has english subtitles and is a very well done movie.

[Edited on 5-26-2010 by Mexicorn]

gnukid - 5-26-2010 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:

Nice job on that post. It pretty much sums up the reality of our geo-political world. So many people simply willing to follow without a moral compass in hand.

:yes:

Surprisingly, I seem to make a convincing argument, if you read between the lines, that DK is the ultimate double secret disinfo intelligence agent, whose right left hyperbole is designed to distract anyone and everyone from their cause, AHA! He's brilliant.

Barry A. - 5-26-2010 at 02:19 PM

Quote:

Surprisingly, I seem to make a convincing argument, if you read between the lines, that DK is the ultimate double secret disinfo intelligence agent, whose right left hyperbole is designed to distract anyone and everyone from their cause, AHA! He's brilliant.

It's that "reading between the lines" that will get you in trouble every time. I submit that there are NO messages "between the lines"----what you read is what he means, I am thinking. It is certainly true of me.

Barry

El Norte Came First

Bajahowodd - 5-26-2010 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
There's a lot of deadbeat dads and people from the US running from the law/IRS for one reason or another this law may target those types of folks?

With regard to the southern border of Mexico may I sugest reviewing the movie "SIN NOMBRE" it is in Spanish but deals with what goes on at the southern border of Mexico. It has english subtitles and is a very well done movie.

[Edited on 5-26-2010 by Mexicorn]

This 1983 movie is produced multi-lingually. It way predates Sin Nombre. That said, they are both compelling works. It is my understanding that although Guatemala is the target here, Mexico's somewhat draconian border policies in the South were rooted in the massive numbers of people fleeing the dictatorships and the revolutions in such countries as El Salvador. I think it's a toss up as to which motivated Mexico more. Having to cope with peasant aliens, or whether because so many of these folks only entered Mexico as a passage to "El Norte", that Mexico didn't want the competition in the US marketplace. JMHO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Norte_%28film%29