BajaNomad

A Gastronomic Extravaganza with Shari and Juan

Mulegena - 5-28-2010 at 04:49 PM

Enjoyed a few days with Shari, Juan, Sirena and Adriane at Bahia Asuncion, Baja Mexico. We ambled the sandy hills, walked the ocean's edge, spent time dreaming great tapestries of possibility...

AND WE ATE!

Greens Pie, Caldo de Papas, pecan bars, Tidepool Lime Pie, mussels omlette wholewheat burrito and beer for breakfast!!

Thanks millions, friends.

I traveled the Central Coastal Loop from Mulege to Abreojos to Asuncion then back south via Viscaino. I promise a more detailed trip report to come, too.

Just had to talk about the food first, OMG good!

Cypress - 5-28-2010 at 04:53 PM

OK?

Mulegena - 5-28-2010 at 05:18 PM

Me?

Happy as a clam,

or a mussel
or a oyster
or an abalone

This whole family, including Adrian and Bimbo and Tita DO cook.

woody with a view - 5-28-2010 at 05:22 PM

can tuna/dorado season come fast enough?:?:

eetdrt88 - 5-29-2010 at 10:24 AM

wow,sounds like quite the smorgasboard:yes:variety is defitinitely the spice of life:cool:

capt. mike - 5-30-2010 at 07:27 AM

hey maria i should have mentioned we were going over yesterday you could have gone with.
that place is a sleeper - buy now is my rec.

shari - 5-30-2010 at 07:41 AM

It was a delight to ponder the tapestries of possibilities with you...dreaming is one of my favorite hobbies!

Mulegena has some fantastic ideas and I can see we are going to have a lot of fun with her here....plus she plays bass guitar and sings...JUST what we needed for our BAND!!!

durrelllrobert - 5-30-2010 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by eetdrt88
wow,sounds like quite the smorgasboard:yes:variety is defitinitely the spice of life:cool:

Smörgåsbord
A traditional Swedish smörgåsbord consists of both hot and cold dishes. Bread, butter, and cheese are always part of the smörgåsbord. It is customary to begin with the cold fish dishes which are generally various forms of herring, salmon, and eel. After eating the first portion, people usually continue with the second course (other cold dishes), and round off with hot dishes. Dessert may or may not be included in a smörgåsbord.
:biggrin:

Mulegena - 5-30-2010 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
It was a delight to ponder the tapestries of possibilities with you...dreaming is one of my favorite hobbies!

SONANDO with a squiggly thing over the first N

As Shari explained to me it translates to English as "dreaming" but the meaning,
ah well, it encompasses much more than durmiendo- sleeping.

Thinking new thoughts "outside the box", tapping the creative process, harnessing the forces of the universe (to get a bit puffed up) but its the process that makes new things come to pass. We American Indians call it being in Dream Time.

"Thoughts become things. Choose the good ones."
Mike Dooley, Totally Unique Thoughts www.tut.com

DianaT - 5-30-2010 at 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
hey maria i should have mentioned we were going over yesterday you could have gone with.
that place is a sleeper - buy now is my rec.

Since we have another possible project in the area that is of quite a bit of interest to us, we would entertain any reasonable and serious offer for our home in Bahia Asuncion.

DianaT

[Edited on 5-30-2010 by DianaT]

capt. mike - 5-31-2010 at 06:39 AM

i just bought the lot in front of that one. probably going with a 2 story deck affair.:biggrin::biggrin:
jim and laurie will be my neighbors next door behind.