BajaNomad

Alisitos campground

jodiego - 5-30-2010 at 07:28 AM

First time back in 8 years. Took blvd 2000 thanks to great directions from bajaguy. Unless you are going to TJ, why would anyone enter or return through San Ysidro??? The campgrounds was pretty much empty the entire week. The bathrooms were clean and the campgrounds were clean also (probably because nobody was there!). They charged us $13.50 a day for a motorhome (no hookups). The sign said the normal fee is $22.50 a day. Cars are $4.50 a day. A police vehicle seems to patrol the campgrounds several times a day. La Mision hotel and restaurant were open for business (very colorful new motif in the restaurant), Poco Cielo hotel, restaurant, and bar are new additions since my last visit. Good food and cheap margarita's ($.99). La Fonda has been renovated and looked great. We had breakfast there at 8:30 in the morning and were alone. Weather was beautiful the entire week, surf was lacking (the water was freezing), and I met my first Nomad (Carrie from Pyramid Resorts). Came back through Otay crossing at around 10:30 am. 1 hour to cross and 45 minutes in secondary (remember we had a motorhome). All in all it was a wonderful week and am looking forward to doing it again soon.

woody with a view - 5-30-2010 at 07:49 AM

Keri turned us on to Poco Cielo awhile back when staying at her Pyramid Resort. the resort is awesome and Poco is great too. why go anywhere else?

cold water and la fonda seem to go together. even in august!

jodiego - 5-30-2010 at 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody in ob
Keri turned us on to Poco Cielo awhile back when staying at her Pyramid Resort. the resort is awesome and Poco is great too. why go anywhere else?

cold water and la fonda seem to go together. even in august!

Ain't that the truth. Must have been high 50's. Met a guy who lives next to the campgrounds. He walks very slowly and has a tremor (might be parkinsons?). Real nice guy. Anyway one day he pulls out a paddle board with no paddle, walks down to the beach, puts on a short sleeve wetsuit top, paddles out and head south for about an hour, then comes back in. Asked him later if he was cold and he said no! Maybe that's why he was shaking!!! I wore a full 4/3 and was freezing.