BajaNomad

My Wife's new FM3 card may delay yours

durrelllrobert - 5-31-2010 at 07:34 AM

If you are in process of getting new FM3/ FM2 card from the Ensenada Migrasion office my wife's card may be delaying yours. After 3 weeks of waiting for that office to get blank cards and then a laminating machine she was called in for final signing and fingerprinting. The agent then put the card into the laminating machine and he either had temperature set too high or left it in too long because it became stuck and melted inside the machine. He attepted to pry it out using his Visa card which also melted. The supervisor said that the could not disassemble machine to remove her card because it would void the machine warantee. So now they have ordered a replacement machine but do not know when it will arrive. In the meantime she will have to have new pictures taken because they are certain that the one already on her card will not be salvageable and they can not use the extra one that is in her file because then they will not have one. :fire::fire::fire:

DianaT - 5-31-2010 at 07:45 AM

I am sorry because I am laughing. I know it is not funny, I know I would be as irritated as you are, but with all of the different information and confusion with the new system, this is like the icing----one of those, oh no, nothing else could go wrong things.

Maybe in a few months you might look back and laugh. Meantime, I hope they get the machine replaced quickly.

dtbushpilot - 5-31-2010 at 07:46 AM

Of course......this is Mexico after all.....

DENNIS - 5-31-2010 at 07:48 AM

:lol::lol: Their ineptitude is an art form. :lol::lol:

bigboy - 5-31-2010 at 07:54 AM

I can't wait to see how this plays out! If it wasn't for bad luck, she wouldn't have any luck at all!

Santiago - 5-31-2010 at 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigboy
If it wasn't for bad luck, she wouldn't have any luck at all!

Please, no plagiarism on this board. (Albert King, R.I.P.):coolup:

beachbum1A - 5-31-2010 at 08:52 AM

So maybe the Punta Banda Cafe will reopen for another week or so - you think?

bigmike - 6-1-2010 at 12:01 AM

Your's and Debbie's luck just gets better and better Bob!!

By the way Welcome Back Dennis!!

Hook - 6-1-2010 at 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Santiago
Quote:
Originally posted by bigboy
If it wasn't for bad luck, she wouldn't have any luck at all!

Please, no plagiarism on this board. (Albert King, R.I.P.):coolup:

Now, now, let's give credit where it's due............those lyrics were written by William Bell, music by Booker T Jones.

Santiago - 6-1-2010 at 06:49 AM

Touche. Red face. I knew that it was a Booker T tune (he played keyboards on the album I think) but somehow it's Albert's.

[Edited on 6-1-2010 by Santiago]

Bruce R Leech - 6-1-2010 at 09:41 AM

this incident aside the Ensenada office is so much better than it used to be, the people are friendly, helpful and thing rune smoothly most of the time

DENNIS - 6-1-2010 at 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
this incident aside the Ensenada office is so much better than it used to be, the people are friendly, helpful and thing rune smoothly most of the time

Nice to see you, Bruce.

classicbajabronco - 6-1-2010 at 12:56 PM

And what exactly has this got to do with fishing?

Was the FM3 a used as a lure? did you file it down and use it to fillet fish...

I put a motocross video from Wa in Baja offroading and it got 86'd in less than 15min. At least it had to do with offroad.

This on the otherhand....
This has been on here for over 2 days and absolutely nothing to do with Baja Fishing??????

What the hell Q87?

DENNIS - 6-1-2010 at 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by classicbajabronco

I put a motocross video from Wa in Baja offroading and it got 86'd in less than 15min. At least it had to do with offroad.

It wasn't 86'd. It was moved to the Dark Side, OT.

Worse things could happen than posting in the wrong forum. It ain't no big deal.

durrelllrobert - 6-1-2010 at 01:49 PM

AND THE GOOD NEWS IS:
1) the laminating machine is up and running
2) The guy that takes the fingerprints is in today
3) Carlos Victorica paid for the extra pictures she had to submit
4) SHE NOW HAS A BRAND SHINY NEW FM3 CARD

Now we can fly to Cuidad Juarez on June 6 for her medical exam and interview at the US consulate so she can get her green card to go into the US. Hope it goes as well as the FM3 process and that neither of us get shot :lol::lol:

BajaBlanca - 6-1-2010 at 05:53 PM

now that is a happy ending, for the Ensenada part at least !! congrats !!