BajaNomad

Headed to Baja, fishing along the way

Hook - 6-1-2010 at 04:49 AM

Leaving in about an hour from San Carlos, Sonora on the F/V Marisla, a 1987 Skipjack 25 fly. 31 Tiara accompanying us.

Gonna fish The Volcano on the way over as we head directly for Chivato and then into Concepcion for the first night. Maybe El Burro, maybe the isla off Coyote, quien sabe??

Big tuna around in the Sea this year...............hoping to Hook one.

Skipjack Joe - 6-1-2010 at 05:07 AM

Good luck with your upcoming adventures!

"The Volcano" must be Isla Tiburon?

Santiago - 6-1-2010 at 06:05 AM

Ooow - please make sure you post a report. I would be interested in a copy of a log/journal if someone is keeping this. I want to do that trip from BOLA, down the backbone and then across to Tiburon, Kino and SC.

Russ - 6-1-2010 at 06:13 AM

Good luck with the BIG tuna! Call "Moosy Boat" (Pescador) when you get over to Tortuga for the best locations. I'm still stuck in Laguna or I'd come out and meet you while you're in Chivato.

Pompano - 6-1-2010 at 07:33 AM

Tight lines, Hook...hope the big boys give you a good time.

....and remember, don't drop your hook at the "Volcano"..it's eaten a lot of anchors over the years.

In your course takes you near my place in Coyote, you always have a cold one waiting. Plus Russ (Ans's-Santispac) is open now from noon till closing every day except Wednesday.

Bon Voyage.

Pescador - 6-2-2010 at 03:45 PM

The Go Phish from Outdoor Adventures were out at Tortuga and happened on to a wide open Dorado and Sailfish bite. Great bunch of people.
The Volcano has been kicking out some fish, but it is also getting worked harder than ever as the pangueros run out of fish in the closer areas. They camp on the south side on two flat (sort of) rocks since they are all afraid of the snakes that inhabit the island.

amirravon - 6-2-2010 at 04:54 PM

have a safe trip, waiting to your fish/pic report

Hook - 6-3-2010 at 04:27 PM

Short, fishing version..................landed a 40 lb YFT on the way over ALMOST EXACTLY OVER THE VOLCANO. Well, at least as the Volcano has been described to me. 30 nm off of Punta Doble on a 205 or so. School was accompanying a school of LARGE dolphin and many pajaros diving, too.

Pics in the next day or so.

TUNA TIME !!!!!