BajaNomad

San Felipe Memorial Day Trip

CortezBlue - 6-1-2010 at 05:23 PM

Well I was lucky to be able to spend about a week at mi casa during the past week. A few updates.

Had breakfast one morning at the El Cortez. They did not have the buffett, but it was very good, as usual

Party'd at Pete's camp and watch the Sun and Lakers game. I had many interesting conversations once everyone figured out I was from AZ.

Went to the new Bar at Playa De Oro, what a bust.
When Brian had it there was many different types of food from Pork Tenderloin sandwiches to pretty good mexican food. The folks that took it over are the owners of big boys Pizza and the new name is Rumors. Well it is no Rumor, the menu is lacking. Only Gringo food. Pizza, Hamburgers and a few other sandwiches. We went down for Kareokee (SP) and drinks. The margaritas when Brian had it were 15 or 20 pesos, and they were awsome. The new margarita is 40 pesos and I had to ask for a shot of tequila, Very Weaaaaak

The weather was wonderful and I got a ton of work done on the casa, nearly 100% done.

Ditto

BajaRob - 6-2-2010 at 05:11 AM

on Rumors, pizza crusts are pre cooked and menu is very limited. Brian's pork tenderloin was the best west of Missouri.

CortezBlue - 6-2-2010 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRob
on Rumors, pizza crusts are pre cooked and menu is very limited. Brian's pork tenderloin was the best west of Missouri.

That would be from Dog and Sudz or A and W

And lets not forget the Maid Rites.

They lost me I prefer Sand Rail Pizza

blue

desertcpl - 6-2-2010 at 08:34 AM

did you have any negative comments to you about the new Arizona law, or should say to you personally

[Edited on 6-2-2010 by desertcpl]

Bajajorge - 6-2-2010 at 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
did you have any negative comments to you about the new Arizona law, or should say to you personally

[Edited on 6-2-2010 by desertcpl]

Yeah, what was said by any of the Mexican folks about the AZ law.

The website, San Felipe"The Net"(AKA the SF Chamber of Commerce spokesperson), says the local Mexicans think the AZ law is anti Mexican.

CortezBlue - 6-2-2010 at 09:16 AM

Well during my visit to Pete's camp I was supporting the Suns on TV and when everyone figured out I was from AZ, I took a bold step

I said

"Ok, I am from AZ, get your paperwork out"

Everyone laughed and then there was a conversation with local Mexicans, visiting LA Mexicans and some local gringos.

One lady who is a waitress and Mexican, said she will no long go shopping in Yuma. She said she was fearful and didn't want to support AZ in any way.

It was interesting

sancho - 6-5-2010 at 05:33 PM

Cortez, I go to SF 3 times a yr., always looking
for Restaurants to try. Have you been to
La Vaqueta Restaurant? Back maybe 1/2 blk from the no.
end of the Malecon? A couple weeks back,
went to Rosita's, $50 pesos for Chille Rellanos
with free Margarita, 15 % discount.
Basic food , but if my math is close, that's
$3.70 dollars for a meal with a decent
margarita

meme - 6-6-2010 at 07:42 AM

The Rumors Resturant will be expanding their menu starting this week. They were just anxious to get open by Memorial day & they had a LOT of clean -up work to the kitchen to get done before they would open & serve food from it. Jeannie has now been shopping & Jimmy S. will be cooking foods other than pizza & sandwiches soon. Tom has chosen to not compete with other resturants for breakfasts & not to compete with Mexicans for Mexican Food.