BajaNomad

Trip report to Bahia de las Angeles

Martyman - 6-4-2010 at 10:16 AM

Ran the gauntlet thru TJ on 5-15. Whew...made it to the toll road. Those tj motorcycle cops love me! Bought a 12 gallon gas water heater at Villareal materiales in Ensenada. Did our shopping at the fish market and Calimax. On to the old La Pinta (Santa somebody) near Cielto Lindo in San Quentin. Nice bar and decent food but the beach is awesome. I don't stay in many hotels but it is worth it to stay on the beach and spend a little more money. Had some margaritas with Abran the bartender and ended the night blasting some skyrockets off on the beach. Made it to our place in Bahia for lunch the next day.
One of my partners had crossed up the battery connections on our Bayrunner during his last trip. He thought he had fried something so we came down with an inflatable to use. Anyway both boats worked great and we did some fishing. Not the best trip for fishing as there were a lot of nets in the bay. We always caught enough for dinner with halibut, bay bass and jurel on the menu. We were also lucky/skilled enough to scrape up some clams and crabs.
People in camp were great and we got to meet nomad Debra, and have bonfires and c-cktails with the other folk.
We were there for two weeks and had a nice three day blow in the middle where we hunkered down. I was so relaxed that once I got in my hammock I wouldn't even open my book. Too much brain usage!
I was a little peed off at my buds that I went with. We split all the bills but those guys drank way more then me. They were into the beer early and I have my first glass of wine around 4pm. I'm a home winemaker so I brought some of that but no two buck chuck (how can people drink that crappola?). Any way I asked my buddies for a refund or a rebate but they never budged...bastardos!
All in all another great baja trip for the books. Got the water heater in, new flooring upstairs and a regulator on our solar system.
Trip home included stays At Santa ? in San Quentin again and Ensenada. Got a nice 50 peso haircut after getting past the hookers on the back streets of Ensenada. One hour and 40 min wait at San Ysidro on Sunday afternoon.
Now I'm home and building up my points doing all the items on my wife's honey-do list. I'm hoping to build up enough points to head down in the fall but she asks a lot!
I am a baja rat!

Cypress - 6-4-2010 at 10:24 AM

Martyman, Thanks for sharing.;D

Udo - 6-4-2010 at 11:32 AM

Martyman...
I thought you were a tequila person!

Martyman - 6-4-2010 at 11:33 AM

Wine and beer is just a warm up for tequila.

doradodan - 6-4-2010 at 11:34 AM

photos?

4baja - 6-6-2010 at 06:03 PM

marty give me a fish report. not sure if you just didnt really go out looking or it just sucked. leaving in two weeks.

DENNIS - 6-6-2010 at 06:41 PM

Quote:

I am a baja rat!

Thank Gawd for great favors.

Thanks for the report.

motoged - 6-7-2010 at 01:02 PM

Nomads,
Travelling with friends is a good thing until the bill arrives. My group motorcycling in Baja (and at home) has led me to be clear with "la quenta separado, por favor, todos los tiempos".

While egalitarian, it is poor money management. Trying to get large groups to "pay up" is even its own headache....someone always doesn't put in their fair share:(

We set up the rules of engagement at the beginning of each trip and then don't harbor resentments....

Good luck next time.:saint: