BajaNomad

Baja 500 Start

pepino - 6-5-2010 at 07:42 AM

We are going to Ensenada to watch the starting line of the Trophy Trucks and Bugs. All kinds of interesting people are to be seen; Rednecks, Gabachos and some truly in tune to Baja souls.

I have to admit I am particularly looking forward to seeing the Tecate and Cocacola girls; one of the joys of late spring.

How many people kinda hope Robby Gordon's private helicopter won't take off as he makes his getaway? Can you say"psychotic outburst"?:lol::lol::lol:

David K - 6-5-2010 at 08:13 AM

Please post photos!:light:

capt. mike - 6-5-2010 at 08:48 AM

anyone getting WX man Steinberg or BFG relay (wild Bill) live?
i am not. dirtnewz.com has a link but not getting.

Edguero - 6-5-2010 at 09:04 AM

I'm getting it, weatherman is reporting that there is a 5 mile backup at a military checkpoint and one of the racers has been waiting for an hour and a half.............are you kidding me?

Edguero - 6-5-2010 at 09:09 AM

Okay Weatherman has confirmation that it is not the military, just lots of traffic on a single lane.

David K - 6-5-2010 at 10:30 AM

The link to the LIVE map to follow the racers today: http://www.trackinginternational.com/news/score/tracking/

capt. mike - 6-5-2010 at 10:33 AM

where are you picking up the WXman link?

Edguero - 6-5-2010 at 10:54 AM

Go to race-dezert.com and the live box on the right will get you the weatherman.

David K - 6-5-2010 at 06:47 PM

Andy McMillin appears to be in the lead and heading back into Ensenada from Ojos Negros!:bounce:

Elena La Loca - 6-5-2010 at 07:03 PM

Live audio feed from our truck
http://www.dirtnewz.com/events-10/baja500/audio.shtml

Edguero - 6-5-2010 at 10:16 PM

Congrats to Scott for finishing a race and being the first in a TT to cross the checkers.

Elena La Loca - 6-6-2010 at 03:00 AM

We're still at it...anybody still listening to us on the live internet audio feed from our truck or is it just us and the lonely racers/chasers out here in beautiful Baja? The moon rose about an hour and a half ago but it's only 37% illuminated so it's a dark, dark race course tonight.

capt. mike - 6-7-2010 at 06:48 AM

Elana - 1st time ever i could not get the link off dirtnewz to work so i missed you and Bill.
it would start my winamp player fine but then i'd get an error about some thing i have no idea. the player works fine all other links. Wonder how it worked for others?