BajaNomad

fishing Mulege

cortezkid - 6-11-2010 at 10:50 AM

We are headed down from Colorado middle of July, any word on Durado around please keep the post comming. I have caught big eye tuna once out of San Carlos accros the bay, have any been caught around Mulege, what about Roosters? Fish better than I type and spell. I will keep checking site untill around July 15.

Bob and Susan - 6-11-2010 at 02:12 PM

roosters are just south of jingle beach today
over by the "fish farm"

sierra
bass
triggers

these ONLY in the bay

acadist - 6-12-2010 at 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cortezkid
We are headed down from Colorado middle of July, any word on Durado around please keep the post comming. I have caught big eye tuna once out of San Carlos accros the bay, have any been caught around Mulege, what about Roosters? Fish better than I type and spell. I will keep checking site untill around July 15.

Where you headed?

Osprey - 6-12-2010 at 09:43 AM

Everything south is upside down right now. Today's Terrafin says it all: a regular upwelling of the cold California current has made its way around the cape, well below the mouth of the gulf. Now holding out the bait and the game fish like dorado and others. Might be effecting things well north of us. http://www.terrafin.com/sstview/showFreeChart.php?ct=free&am...

Cypress - 6-12-2010 at 01:23 PM

Fishing Mulege? Not good. You can expect excuses for the lack of fish. Weather? Moon? Tide? How 'bout gill nets 24/7? That's the way it is, that's the way it will be.:(

Bob and Susan - 6-12-2010 at 05:55 PM

today ...2 skippys

a few rays
and nice flat water

Russ - 6-12-2010 at 07:11 PM

B&S... I guess that's the Bay Report because we had our dorado tourney today and only a dozen or so boats stayed out. Reports said it smoothed out a bit at 17 miles out. Only a few dodos boated, that I heard about. I'm hoping it'll be tin boat weather tomorrow. We've had a long spell of bigger than normal swells and I haven't noticed any storms south of us to push those in. Winds have come up around 11 and usually calm by 6 or 7 but the waves have been pounding all night. It's wierd:?:

Bob and Susan - 6-13-2010 at 05:17 AM

flat here on the bay this morning
and all day yesterday

no wind
70 degrees at 6am

VERY nice weather

the "bay-boat" is going out about 9am

the roosters are at jingle beach still

i'll stay by the pool today...85 in the water there:cool:

Russ - 6-13-2010 at 05:23 AM

Nice way over here too;) 66º/76%, calm & glassy and the swell is way down from yesterday.

Bob and Susan - 6-13-2010 at 05:25 AM

where is the picture?

capt. mike - 6-13-2010 at 06:06 AM

Russ how do you make the degree sign? the little zero??

Russ - 6-13-2010 at 06:31 AM

On the Mac key board it's - "atl" or option (second key from the left of the space bar) and the zero key. Don't know if that's it on a PC?

[Edited on 6-13-2010 by Russ]

Shore.jpg - 43kB

Bob and Susan - 6-13-2010 at 07:03 AM

wecome back russ....

Russ - 6-13-2010 at 07:14 AM

Thanks! It's nice to be home!:bounce:

BillP - 6-13-2010 at 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
Russ how do you make the degree sign? the little zero??

On a PC, go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map

All sorts of symbols you can use, just copy and paste. ° ÷

Message boards only support a few of the characters

[Edited on 6-13-2010 by BillP]

bajabass - 6-13-2010 at 08:25 AM

Looks like a good day to fish Russ. I was gonna head down to Balboa Island and try for some spotties. Heavy marine layer and a little chilly. Maybe later. Bet you are really glad to be back.

toneart - 6-13-2010 at 09:39 AM

My fishing buddies who are still in Mulege don't have very good reports. They are frustrated.

On the plus side, if the cooler currents last through the year, bringing the water temperature down just a bit, maybe it will lessen the attraction for hurricane activity. I am certainly no expert on the weather. I could be all wet, as it were. Any others with opinions on this:?:

vandenberg - 6-13-2010 at 10:41 AM

Well Tony, the coolness of the ocean must have something to do with the daytime temperatures. Here in Loreto/Nopolo I have yet to see 90. Most days the temp. barely makes it to 80. Unusual but delightful.:biggrin:
And, of course, no fish. Dorado to be specific.:P

Forgot to mention that one of the advantages of living here is, we can just wait till they show. I only troll feathers, so, no unnecessary gas burning.
Lazy, flat water only fisherman.:biggrin:

[Edited on 6-13-2010 by vandenberg]

Cypress - 6-13-2010 at 12:42 PM

Mulege. "No fish".

Osprey - 6-13-2010 at 01:20 PM

Keep it up Cypress, that's about your quota for negative reports on eveything fishing in the SOC. May not be many fish here but with thanks to your reports we sure won't have any competition -- we'll be down here, just a very few of us, catching what you say isn't here.

baitcast - 6-13-2010 at 02:09 PM

I thought you got over that Cypress quess not,what you need to do is stick with your reports on the Shell Crackers and leave the fishing to the fisherman.:lol:
Rob

Cypress - 6-13-2010 at 03:19 PM

baitcast, A real fisherman respects all species of fish and the fisherman that fish for them. You on the other hand, are just a run of the mill snob.:(

Russ - 6-13-2010 at 04:34 PM

vandenberg Have to mimic what you've said above. But I traded my panga for a tin boat. The wind was relatively calm today and our temps were 65º for the low and 81º for the high. Go figure! I went on a shore fishing run and though I really didn't work at catching I only caught one needle fish. MAYBE a tin boat day tomorrow but with the cool water and dismal reports the last few days it maybe a "Three hour tour" but nice to be out!

[Edited on 6-13-2010 by Russ]

Cool Water.jpg - 46kB

Pescador - 6-14-2010 at 02:51 PM

One of the things I have learned about fishing the Sea of Cortez is to pay close attention to what is biting and what is in any given area. The worst time of my life was when I sat my sights on getting dorado during an off year for Dorado. During the Punta Chivato tournament, our target was Dorado and there were none to speak of in a very large area, but because of the tournament we stayed out there till the bitter end and only saw three fish for a whole day of fishing with some very good fishermen. On the other hand, the billfish was nothing short of epic and if I would have had the time I could have easily baited over 15-16 billfish. So it pays to find out what is going on and go with current conditions and fish. Also the yellowtail have been really coming on the last few days with the water conditions the way they are.
I know that some people think that pulling plugs all day and catching a couple of dorado is fun, but I think it is the most boring thing in the whole world. But throwing a little live bait in a sargasso patty can be the most explosive fun in the world. So stay flexible, get lots of different abilities under your belt, and listen to what the sea tells you is going on.

Bob and Susan - 6-14-2010 at 03:31 PM

couple of small dorado caught just south of jingle beach yesterday in the bay

it's not too often the dorado come inside

they must be around the corner

another report tomorrow

Russ - 6-14-2010 at 07:35 PM

Bob and Susan, I'm confused and not familiar with the Bay. I thought The Jungle is a bar on the river. Where is jungle beach from you?

Bob and Susan - 6-15-2010 at 02:54 PM

the jungle has assigned seats...
jingle beach is first come first served...

no fish today... too bad
the weather is GREAT!!!

4 sail boats and one motor boat at
jingle beach this morning

the regulars at the jungle "have flown the coop"
and moved north for the summer

plenty of parking in town...finally

jing.jpg - 29kB

Hook - 6-16-2010 at 05:45 AM

Looks like Jingle Beach is referred to as Santo Domingo by the cruisers, if its the area just south of the light on Punta Agujon.

[Edited on 6-16-2010 by Hook]

Russ - 6-16-2010 at 06:37 AM

Thanks Bob and Susan, I think that is doable in the tin boat from here.

Bob and Susan - 6-17-2010 at 08:19 AM

yesterdays lunch...

tgr.jpg - 46kB

Cypress - 6-17-2010 at 09:11 AM

Bob and Susan, Nice one!!!;D

bajabass - 6-17-2010 at 09:23 AM

Looks like ceviche to me!:yes:

capt. mike - 6-17-2010 at 10:14 AM

WAS THAT A RARE clown trigger??

Russ - 6-17-2010 at 11:15 AM

Thursday Lunch?

Lunch.jpg - 46kB

bajabass - 6-17-2010 at 01:52 PM

That looks better than the sandwich I just finished!:O Uuurp. Excuse me.