BajaNomad

Today's catch at Frailes

Osprey - 6-23-2010 at 12:25 PM

Here's Russ Fritz of La Ribera and Steve Sheldon of Bend, Oregon (formerly of Las Barracas) with this morning's catch of wahoo and yellow fin tuna caught near but outside the Cabo Pulmo park

Russ Steve Nomad.jpg - 31kB

Russ - 6-23-2010 at 01:24 PM

Osprey, I know this is a long shot but ....I made my first trip down the penninsula in the summer of '68 with a small experienced group that had just bought Las Barracas the guy I co-piloted with was named Steve and his dad was one of the 7 partners. By any chance is the the Steve?
~~~ Oh! Nice fish!

[Edited on 6-23-2010 by Russ]

Osprey - 6-23-2010 at 02:14 PM

Russ, I'll try to find out for you. I think the guy is still here. I'll get back to you. Steve Sheldon had a famous brother, Sidney, the author. That might help.

mulegemichael - 6-23-2010 at 04:32 PM

gawd, jorge, nice wahoo....we'll try to get down for a crack at em later this summer....mulege just doesn't see that many 'hoos....when i lived in la ribera tho, i remember one time fishing with the commercial pangueros in alphonsos panga, right out in front of town...we had four live macks out and all four of them were gobbled at once; two sails and two marlin....what a cluster!...the good ol days!

fishabductor - 6-23-2010 at 05:14 PM

I know where I'm going tomorrow!!! if its calm that is

Russ - 6-23-2010 at 05:47 PM

Osprey, Don't remember any other members of the family. But I have the impression he was kinda the black sheep. They called us Rusty & Dusty. Hell of a trip!