BajaNomad

La Pasadita, El Rosario...

bigzaggin - 6-25-2010 at 12:31 PM

...has been my go-to last few trips through town, including twice in the past week.

Fish tacos are huge, flaky, crispy. Shrimp tacos, ditto. Guac, salsa, perfect. Service, friendly.

My vote for best in town.

Anyone else?

used to be

woody with a view - 6-25-2010 at 03:56 PM

La Mijita, before the tragic day.......

tiotomasbcs - 6-25-2010 at 05:18 PM

I love most of these tacos stands . Tragically I had just discovered La Mijita. Besides tacos where do we get a good breakfast, like 8ish, besides Mama's ??? I wish Antonio would open an early morning Cafe with Breakfast Burritos. !!??

woody with a view - 6-25-2010 at 05:22 PM

we stop in San Q for breakfast around 7.30ish.... ER is not a gourmet town, much less so for breakfast.

David K - 6-25-2010 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigzaggin
...has been my go-to last few trips through town, including twice in the past week.

Fish tacos are huge, flaky, crispy. Shrimp tacos, ditto. Guac, salsa, perfect. Service, friendly.

Anyone else?

I drew this map about 4 years ago... and businesses in Mexico change names or owners too often to keep up!

Where is La Pasadita?

offshore_day - 6-25-2010 at 07:45 PM

Taqueria Parcela 12 a few miles south of SQ (south of Los Pinos) has a pretty decent breakfast

mojo_norte - 6-25-2010 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
we stop in San Q for breakfast around 7.30ish.... ER is not a gourmet town, much less so for breakfast.

Hah! - and SQ's any better - Hah!:;)

mojo_norte - 6-25-2010 at 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigzaggin

Anyone else?

Yum!

woody with a view - 6-25-2010 at 08:07 PM

la pasadita in San Q (across from HSBC Bank) has the best shrimp tacos on the planet.....

woody with a view - 6-25-2010 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mojo_norte
Quote:

Hah! - and SQ's any better - Hah!:;)

not really. Posada Don Diego is spectacular.

mojo_norte - 6-25-2010 at 08:35 PM

Quote:
la pasadita in San Q (across from HSBC Bank) has the best shrimp tacos on the planet.....

Next to the park? You are right - V good but was closed last trip- coming and going - :?:

Bajaboy - 6-25-2010 at 08:38 PM

We like the place across from Tacos Mission...started out small and continues to expand. I'll get the name and maybe a picture of the place tomorrow. Tacos Mission is also good but their hours are inconsistent.

woody with a view - 6-25-2010 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mojo_norte
Quote:

Next to the park? You are right - V good but was closed last trip- coming and going - :?:

:yes:

DianaT - 6-25-2010 at 09:05 PM

We eat breakfast at the La Bocana in El Rosario at times---not bad---not great, but better than any of the others we have tried for breakfast.

Marc - 7-8-2010 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
We like the place across from Tacos Mission...started out small and continues to expand. I'll get the name and maybe a picture of the place tomorrow. Tacos Mission is also good but their hours are inconsistent.

I got the stink-eye at Mision Tacos. I had the distinct feeling they didn't want my business.

Bajamatic - 7-8-2010 at 10:40 PM

Tacos mission is a weird place. I got the same vibe. Won't go back.

David K - 7-9-2010 at 07:39 AM

That is pretty strange... was Hugo there? He is the artist who shows his latest paintings at his restaurant... Perhaps the nicest/ friendliest taco stand I have been to... I wonder what is going on there? Any ideas Zac?

[Edited on 7-9-2010 by David K]

DianaT - 7-9-2010 at 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajamatic

We also found them not to be overly friendly, but the food was good. It seems to be like they are surprised we are there and wondering why. But, we would go back for the papa rellenos.

[Edited on 7-9-2010 by DianaT]

Bajamatic - 7-9-2010 at 12:34 PM

Here's La Pasadita

Attachment: La Pasadita.kmz (710B)
This file has been downloaded 371 times

Bajamatic - 7-9-2010 at 12:38 PM

and a photo

[Edited on 7-9-2010 by Bajamatic]

pasadita.jpg - 49kB

woody with a view - 7-9-2010 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:

We also found them not to be overly friendly, but the food was good. It seems to be like they are surprised we are there and wondering why. But, we would go back for the papa rellenos.

[Edited on 7-9-2010 by DianaT]

same story. never again.....

David K - 7-9-2010 at 07:34 PM

Quote:
and a photo

[Edited on 7-9-2010 by Bajamatic]

I asked you in the post above with the El Rosario map, where about is this place (see numbers along highway)... Thank you.

La Pasadita

BajaCactus - 7-9-2010 at 11:44 PM

La Pasadita is owned by Ana, a very nice lady. They have been opened for over a year now (actually more, but in the past Ana rented the place to another person and it was not the same)... lately they improved their menu... more options and better served.

This is one of the places were you will see mostly locals... same as Tacos La Mision... maybe that is why "the vibe" feeling?

DavidK... Ana's place should be a little to the south of number 34 in your map.

tiotomasbcs... thank you so much for your confidence... already working on it.

Happy travels everyone.

[Edited on 7-10-2010 by BajaCactus]

irenemm - 7-9-2010 at 11:51 PM

Woody with a view
I think I know the shrimp tacos stand your talking about. The profe has one here in town also. It is across the bank here too. But I don't know the name but good tacos for sure.
Just never eat on a taco stand when it is windy.